RUSTON, La. Louisiana Tech University's Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization and Research Foundation have honored a number of the institution's faculty and researchers for technologies they have patented, licensed, submitted applications for patents and first-time inventors.
Faculty recognized for these achievements represent Louisiana Tech's College of Engineering and Science, College of Applied and Natural Sciences, College of Liberal Arts, and the Institute for Micromanufacturing.
"Due to the efforts of these inventors, Louisiana Tech is gaining a national reputation as a highly innovative and productive research university," said Dr. Rich Kordal, director of Louisiana Tech's Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization. "We are producing new discoveries at a rate three to five times the national average."
"For me, it is a pleasure working with such a talented group of individuals. I continue to be impressed by how dedicated they are to their research and the quality of their inventions."
According to the Association of University Technology Managers' most recent U.S. Licensing Activity Survey, Louisiana Tech ranks second in the nation among U.S. institutions for the number of patents issued per research dollar expended. Louisiana Tech also ranks seventh in the nation among U.S. institutions in R&D productivity per research dollar expended.
Inventors who have been granted patents by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office include the following:
- Vir Phoha (five patents): System and Method for Classifying Regions of Keystroke Density with a Neural Network; Data Set Request Allocations to Computers; Method to Identify Anomalous Data Using Cascaded K-Means Clustering and an ID3 Decision Tree; Method and Apparatus for Choosing and Evaluationg Sample Size for Biometric Training Process; Method to Detect Syn Flood Attack
- Chester Wilson (two patents): Multichannel Nanoparticle Scintillation Microdevice with Integrated Waveguides for Radiation Detection; On-Chip Microplasma Systems
- Sandra Zivanovic: Polymer-Nanocrystal Quantum DOT Composites and Optoelectronic Devices
- Yuri Lvov and George Grozdits: Layer-by-Layer Nanocoating for Paper Fabrication
- Gary Kennedy: Detecting Hypocalcemia Using Bovine Nose Perspiration
Inventors who have had their technologies licensed to a company for commercialization include the following:
- Chester Wilson: Bound Cobalt Nanowires for Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis technology (licensed to Carbon Capture Energy Technologies.)
Inventors for their Reports of Inventions (ROI) which resulted in a regular US patent application include the following:
- Erez Allouche, David Hall, and Michael Swanbom: Steerable Ground Piercing Tools
- Erez Allouche, Arun Jaganathan, and Neven Simicevic: Method and Apparatus for Detecting Buried Objects
- Erez Allouche: Geopolymer Mortar and Method
- Long Que and David Mills: Patch-Clamp Microfluidic Chip Device and Method
- Long Que: Piezoelectric Photovoltaic Micropower Generator and Method
- Yuri Lvov (two patents filed): Stable Polyelectrolyte Coated Nanoparticles; Microreservoir with End Plugs for Contolled Release of Corrosion Inhibiter
- Chester Wilson: Bound Cobalt Nanowires for Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis
First-time faculty inventors include the following:
- Alan Chiu and Heath Tims: Nonlinear Feedback Control for a Low Cost Myoelectric Upper Limb Prosthetic Device
- Niel Crews and Patrick Hindmarsh: Continuous-Flow Microfluidics for Thermal Lysis of Cells
- Long Que (with David Mills): Polymer-based patch-clamp microchip with cell sorting and positioning capability
- Leland Weiss: Free Piston Expander for Small scale Power Output
- Marie Bukowski (with Chester Wilson): Dielectric Nanoparticle Paint and Microfluidic System to Enhance the Economics of Variable Matrix Printmaking
- Pamela Todd: Circumcision Pain Decreaser
- Dentcho Genov (with Sandra Zivanovic): Semi-continuous metal diaelectric composite for enhancement of solar cells and other optoelectronic devices
Related medicine news :1
. SHARECOR Partners With Quantros, Inc. to Facilitate Core Measures and Regulatory Reporting in Louisiana Hospitals2
. Pew Report: Louisiana Failing to Address Childrens Dental Health Crisis3
. New, National Amnesty International Report Finds Appalling U.S. Death Rate for Women Having Babies, Systemic Failures and Shocking Disparities in Maternal Health Care System; Louisiana is 46th Among All States in Maternal Mortality4
. Louisiana Law Firm Neblett, Beard & Arsenault Launches New Foodborne Illness Site5
. Louisiana Tech students, faculty earn accolades from Louisiana Dietetic Association6
. Louisiana's First DNP Program Kicks Off Classes at Loyola University New Orleans7
. Louisiana Tech kinesiology professor receives national editorial excellence award8
. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center research shows fish oil component given up to 5 hours after stroke limits brain damage9
. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center research discovers key to survival of brain cells10
. University of Virginia Health System Medical Laboratories Selects Sunquest's Specimen Collection Solution11
. Akron Institute of Herzing University Launches Its First Bachelors Degree Programs to Prepare Students for Even Greater Success in Business, Health Care and IT