On what issues could impede progress of this legislation:
"In the past, privacy and security around personal health information has been a very large sticking point among members of Congress, and it's still unclear how healthcare IT will be addressed in healthcare reform," said Taylor.
Information about Tom Leary:
Tom Leary is senior director of Federal Affairs for HIMSS. He directs all of the society's public policy activities with federal agencies, including analysis and response to federal regulatory requirements and leveraging HIMSS's member subject matter expertise in healthcare IT public policy development. Mr. Leary has spent a good portion of his career in Washington D.C. on federal healthcare policy and regulation development, dating back to 1992 when he worked as a staff assistant to Representative Aspin, then followed Aspin to the Pentagon and worked on military health issues.
Information about Meredith Taylor:
Meredith Taylor serves as director of congressional affairs for HIMSS. In this role, Ms. Taylor leads HIMSS's advocacy activities on Capitol Hill. Prior to this role, Meredith served as manager, state government relations, at HIMSS where she was responsible for maximizing HIMSS's grassroots advocacy activity. Prior to joining HIMSS, Meredith served as senior policy analyst at the National Governors Association. In this role, she directed the activities of the State Alliance for e-Health's Health Care Practice and Health Information Communication and Data Exchange taskforces, and spearheaded the NGA's policies on public health informatics and telehealth.
Information about Dr. Harry Gr
SOURCE Perot Systems
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Organic Left Standing as the Gold Standard for Consumers Looking to Avoid Food Produced With Synthetic Growth Hormones
2. ZEO Health's New Program Offers Answer for Those Looking for Income
3. A New Way of Looking at HIV/AIDS
4. Looking Years Younger, Raising a Few Brows
5. Trimma(TM) Now Available in the United States for People Looking for a Delicious Way to Control Their Calories
6. Looking Forward: Perspectives on Healthcare and Information Technology
7. National Multiple Sclerosis Society New Jersey Metro Chapter Looking for People to Join the Movement
8. Fat Grafting Provides Permanent, Natural Looking Results - Dr. Michael Law Explains Fat Injections as a New Trend in Facial Plastic Surgery
9. Breast Augmentation Raleigh Natural Looking Results with Saline or Silicone Implants
10. Looking Tired or Angry May Have More to do With Facial Aesthetics Than How You Feel, ASPS Study Reveals
11. Looking tired or angry may have more to do with facial aesthetics than how you feel