CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Lodewijk J.R. de Vink, an internationally-known leader in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, was elected to the Board of Directors of the Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation at its January 26 meeting. He will serve a term of three years.
A founding partner of Blackstone Health Care Partners since April 2003, de Vink's earlier executive positions included Chairman, International Health Care Partners; Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Warner-Lambert Company; and President of Schering International.
In addition to the Foundation board, de Vink is a member of the Board of Directors of Alcon, Inc.; Flamel Technologies S.A.; and Roche Holdings A.G. He is also on Sotheby's International Advisory Board, and the European Advisory Council of Rothschild & Cie.
A Netherlands native, de Vink graduated from Nijenrode, the Netherlands School of Business. He later earned a B.B.A. from Washington University in Topeka, Kansas, and an M.B.A. from American University in Washington, D.C.
"We welcome Lodewijk to the Board and deeply value his experience and expertise," says Neal F. Kassell, M.D., the Foundation's Chairman. "His extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and his stature in the international healthcare market will be crucial in our efforts to establish focused ultrasound as a platform for drug delivery."
Other members of the Foundation's Board of Directors are: Dorothy Batten; S. Morry Blumenfeld'/>"/>
SOURCE Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Molly Forrest, CEO-President of the Los Angeles Jewish Home, Elected to Aging Services of California Board of Directors
2. 3D Global Solutions Selected to Program Manage GN ReSound/VA Digital Hearing Aid Contract
3. Local Professional Elected to Help Shape Senior Policy
4. Reliv Internationals Carl W. Hastings Elected to Board of the Council for Responsible Nutrition
5. New Alameda County IHSS Contract Sends Clear Message to Elected Leaders That Homecare Program Must Remain a California Priority
6. Vein Center & CosMed, Inc. Selected as Exclusive St. Louis Provider of FDA-Cleared Device
7. Syclo Mobile Field Service Product, Resulting from Co-innovation with SAP, Selected by Medical System Supplier
8. SSI Assistant Vice President Elected to WEDI Board
9. Missouri Judge Jay A. Daugherty Elected Chair of The ALS Association National Board of Trustees
10. Dishler Laser Institute Announces Dr. Jon Dishler Selected as a Leading Laser Eye Surgeon of the United States, as Seen in Forbes Magazine
11. Dishler Laser Institute Announces Dr. Jon Dishler Selected as a Leading Laser Eye Surgeon of the United States, as Seen in Forbes Magazine