Life Care Centers of America bestowed its awards for excellence in an array of presentations Monday evening, Sept. 21., at its headquarters in Cleveland, Tenn.
Cleveland, Tenn. (Vocus) September 28, 2009 -- Life Care Centers of America bestowed its awards for excellence in an array of presentations Monday evening, Sept. 21., at its headquarters in Cleveland, Tenn.
The Chairman's Award for outstanding commitment to excellence went to Mark Krueger, vice president of Life Care's Metro and Palm Regions. The Carl W. Campbell Wind Beneath My Wings Award for the company-wide volunteer of the year went to Inez Glass, founder of Cottesmore of Life Care in Gig Harbor, Wash., who still plays an active part in facility life.
"The winners of these awards - both for performance and volunteerism - reflect the professional skill and the heart for service demonstrated daily by thousands of people across our company," said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president. "They are compelled by a remarkable faith and love."
Krueger was praised for his ability to communicate clearly and frequently with the executive directors and other associates at the regional and facility level, training associates on more effective ways to care for the residents and sending weekly e-mails to associates to inspire and motivate them in their daily tasks.
Glass founded Cottesmore of Life Care in 1969, as the result of a dream of providing nursing care to the Gig Harbor community. After she sold the building to Life Care in 1995, she has continued to serve as a volunteer, visiting with residents and helping with activities. She coordinates the annual Scandia Day, held on the last Friday of National Nursing Home Week, including food and speakers. Her award was presented by Carl Campbell, the man for whom it is named and a co-founder of Life Care Centers of America.
Other volunteer winners were Derek VanTassel, Company-Wide Youth Volunteer of the Year, from Columbine Manor Care Center in Salida, Colo., and Notre Dame High School for their work at Life Care Center of East Ridge, Tenn.
Facility of the Year honors went to:
- Life Care Center of Banner Elk, N.C., in the Eastern Division.
- Laurel Creek Health Care Center in Manchester, Ky., in the Heartland Division.
- Life Care Center of Pueblo, Colo., in the Mountain States Division.
- Life Care Center of Wilbraham, Mass., in the Northeast Division.
- Marysville Care Center in Marysville, Wash., in the Northwest Division.
- Life Care Center at Wells Crossing in Orange Park, Fla., in the Southeast Division.
- Lake Forest Nursing Center in Lake Forest, Calif., in the Southwest Division.President's Awards went to:
- Beth Cliett, senior executive director at Life Care Center of Charleston, S.C., and, Dianne Harris, field controller, for the Eastern Division.
- John Conlon, vice president of Life Care's Hoosier Region, and Lou Indelicato, executive director at Life Care Center of Sullivan, Mo., for the Heartland Division.
- Terrie Stanton-Nance, vice president of Life Care's Pikes Peak Region, and Delwin Lester, executive director at Columbine Manor Care Center in Salida, Colo., for the Mountain States Division.
- Cheryl Babin, division rehab director, and Colleen Lovering, executive director at Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley in North Billerica, Mass., for the Northeast Division.
- Stephanie Bonanzino, executive director at Marysville Care Center in Marysville, Wash., and Nancy Butner, executive director of Life Care Center of Kirkland, Wash., for the Northwest Division.
- Stacy Valdivia, vice president of Life Care's Sun States Region, and Anna Braddy, business office manager at Life Care Center at Wells Crossing in Orange Park, Fla., for the Southeast Division.
- Linda Petty, activities director at Citadel Care Center in Mesa, Ariz., and Nelia Yonzon, executive director at Orangegrove Rehabilitation Hospital in Garden Grove, Calif., for the Southwest Division
The Division Support Award was received by Karen Mosier, reimbursement director in the Heartland Division.
Representatives from the American College of Health Care Administrators also presented the ACHCA Excellence in Leadership Award to Forrest Preston, Life Care founder and chairman.
Founded in 1976, Life Care is a nationwide health care company. It operates more than 220 nursing, subacute and Alzheimer's centers in 28 states. For more information about Life Care, visit www.lcca.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Life_Care/Centers_of_America/prweb2948214.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. ESMO recognizes centers of excellence in palliative care for cancer patients2
. American Laser Centers Wins Platinum, Gold Awards from SignatureForum3
. Allied Worlds Linda McSmith to Speak at Ohio Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers Annual Meeting4
. Proactive Wellness Centers, PLC and Dr. Lynese Lawson Launch an All New "Anti-Aging" Blog 5
. Community Health Centers and Western Governors University Partner to Address RN Shortage6
. Haemonetics Signs Comprehensive Agreement with Blood Centers of America7
. Memorial Blood Centers Issues a Critical Alert For Blood Donations8
. Sleep HealthCenters and Southcoast Hospitals Group Expand Patient Services in North Dartmouth9
. HRSA Releases $24.5 Million in Grants to Support Poison Control Centers10
. American Laser Centers Offer Free Treatment to Illinois Clients of Hair Today Gone Tomorrow11
. Forterus Inc. Treatment Centers Showing Consistent, Sustainable Growth; CEO Paul Howarth Interviewed