Arrowhead's 3rd Annual Pain Therapeutics Summit, scheduled to take place in Summit, NJ on September 24th and September 25th, 2009, will be bringing together leaders in pain therapeutics and management to discuss the latest developments in discovery research, preclinical development, clinical development, regulatory issues and real-world pain management in the clinic.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) -- Arrowhead's 3rd Annual Pain Therapeutics Summit, scheduled to take place in Summit, NJ on September 24th and September 25th, 2009, will be bringing together leaders in pain therapeutics and management to discuss the latest developments in discovery research, preclinical development, clinical development, regulatory issues and real-world pain management in the clinic.
Arrowhead's Annual Pain Therapeutics Summit is the US's premier conference covering the field of pain management and therapeutics. Leaders from the pharmaceutical, biotech, device and medical communities attend this conference to learn about the latest advances in the treatment of various types of pain and to network with colleagues from industry, academia, the medical community, government and investors.
This year's presentations will highlight the most important developments in recent years in the field, including new research in sodium channel blockers (TRPV1 and TRPA1), late-stage clinical advances with Merck's CGRP antagonist program, new research in biologic therapies, the genetics of pain, abuse-resistant opioids, analysis of FDA's REMS program and a plethora of other topics.
This year's summit will feature presentations from the nation's foremost pain experts: including, (but not limited to):
- Frank Porreca, Ph.D., (Chair) Professor, Department of Pharmacology & Anesthesiology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona
- Daniel B. Carr, MD, Chief Medical Officer & President, Javelin Pharmaceuticals
- Lynn R. Webster, MD, FACPM, FASAM, Medical Director and Founder, Lifetree Clinical Research & Pain Clinic, Director-At-Large, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Theodore J. Cicero, Ph.D., Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Tony Ho, Senior Director Clinical Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories
- Tarek Samad, Ph.D., Head, Pain Molecular Neurobiology, Neuroscience Discovery, Wyeth Research
- Jeffrey Tobias, MD, Chief Medical Officer, NeurogesX, Inc.
- Mila Etropolski, MD, Sr. Director, Clinical Leader, Clinical Research and Development, CNS/Pain TA, Johnson and Johnson
- John S. Andrews, Ph.D., President, Head of R&D, NeurAxon
- Joseph W. Stauffer, DO, Principal, Alta Life Sciences LLC, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care Medicine, Division of Pain Medicine, formerly Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President Clinical Research & Medical Affairs, Alpharma Inc.
For more information about this conference, please visit www.arrowheadpublishers.com
, or call 1-312-244-3703, ext. 4.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/pain/conference/prweb2540864.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Former Senate Majority Leaders Baker, Daschle and Dole Release Bipartisan Framework for Comprehensive Health Reform2
. Building Healthcare Leadership in Africa: A Call to Action3
. Washington, DC Community Leaders Commit to Send 10,000 Anti-Malarial Bed Nets to Refugees in Africa4
. HealthLeaders-InterStudy Launches Pharmacy Benefit Evaluator5
. Norman Brinker Honored With 2009 Methodist Health System Folsom Leadership Award6
. After House Committee Chairs Meet on Health Reform, Long Term Care Leaders Say Rescinding Bush-Era Medicare Regulation Critical to Protecting Jobs, Preserving Quality Eldercare7
. Best and Brightest Forum on Medical Innovation Brings Senator Arlen Specter, U.S. Representative Anna Eshoo, and Innovation Leaders Together in Washington, D.C., This Week8
. The 2009 James Irvine Foundation Leadership Awards Honor Extraordinary Californians for Innovative, Practical Solutions9
. Businesses, Unions, Veteran Party Leaders Unite Behind Bipartisan, Consensus Approach to Health Care Reform10
. Mayor Manny Diaz, Commissioner Heyman, Rep. Brise, Community Health Leaders and Healthcare Workers to Hold Press Conference to Push for Healthcare Reform11
. Frost & Sullivan Presents LG Electronics IRIS With the 2009 Global Iris Recognition Biometrics Market Customer Value Leadership of the Year Award