Dupont Circle Event to Focus on Taking Charge and Feeling Better
WASHINGTON, April 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The Lupus Foundation of America Greater Washington Chapter (LFAGW) will offer the 14th Annual Symposium for Lupus Patients and Families on Sat., May 16 from 9:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 1779 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. (Dupont Circle Metro). The free Symposium was created for the 70,000+ Washington area patients with lupus --- 90 percent of whom are women. Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease with no known cure that can damage any part of the body including the skin, joints, heart, lungs, blood, kidneys and the brain. Pre-registration is required by e-mail at email@example.com or 202-349-1167. Details: www.lupusgw.org.
"The May Symposium is one of the many, free support services that we offer to help lupus patients and their families better manage their disease and improve the quality of their lives," said LFAGW President and CEO Penny Fletcher.
With the theme "Taking Charge and Feeling Better," the May 16 Symposium will offer a half-day session with workshops on wellness issues (nutrition and exercise); fertility and pregnancy; the long-term effects of lupus and medications; lupus in men; living well with a chronic illness and support sessions for families and men. Cynthia Aranow, M.D., Feinstein Institute for Medical Research in New York will deliver the keynote address titled, "Lupus Research and Clinical Trials." Ninety percent of people with lupus are women, especially African American, Hispanic, Asian and Native American women. People wondering if they have lupus symptoms may also check: '/>"/>
SOURCE The Lupus Foundation of America Greater Washington
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Popular gaming system may offer radiologists an alternative way to view patient images
2. Teleradiology offers CT colonography to rural areas
3. American Heart Association Web Site Now Offers Content Translated Into Traditional Chinese
4. Sarasota Veterinary Neurologist Offers Free pet First aid Guide
5. New Bill Offers Medicare Reimbursement Fix for Intravenous Immune Globulin
6. Hormone therapy offers potential protective effect against colon cancer in older women
7. Virginia Interventional and Vascular Associates Offers Alternative to Hysterectomy for Uterine Fibroids
8. Commonly used ulcer drugs may offer treatment potential in Alzheimers disease
9. Video: Adults Facing ADHD: ADHD Allies(TM) Offers Unique Online Community for Adults with ADHD on New Facebook(R) Page
10. HBA Global Expo and Spa & Resort/Medical Aesthetics Expo to Offer Full Spectrum of the Product Development Cycle
11. Mexicos health insurance success offers lessons for US reforms, Lancet study suggests