Lincoln, RI (PRWEB) June 07, 2013
Atlantic hurricane season began on Saturday, and the U.S. could be facing more than 20 severe tropical storms in 2013, six of which may become major hurricanes. With that in mind, Amica Insurance is offering tips to help keep you safe after these storms end.
Last month, Amica shared additional tips on preparing for a hurricane and how to safely ride out the storm. For the third and final part of the series, Amica has more tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
Never use a generator in an enclosed space, even if windows and doors are open. Carbon monoxide can accumulate in these areas and linger for hours.
- Wear protective clothing and be careful when cleaning up, both inside and outside.
- When inspecting your home for damage, take pictures of the structure and its contents for insurance purposes.
- Don’t drink or cook with tap water until you have been informed that it isn’t contaminated. Also check to make sure refrigerated food hasn’t spoiled.
- Avoid being on the street. If you must go out, watch out for fallen electrical wires and weakened walls and sidewalks.
- Don’t drive unless it is absolutely necessary, and stay away from flooded roads and washed-out bridges.
- If you were forced to evacuate, only return home when officials say it is safe to do so.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,200 people in 40 offices across the country.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10812408.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Hydroponic Grow Tent Manufacturer Confirms the Arrival of the Most Sought After Grow Tent Size Back Into Inventory2
. Kitchens To Go Provides Disaster Relief Again by Helping Manhattan, NY Teaching Hospital Reopen After Hurricane Sandy3
. Court OKs Non-Prescription Sale of Certain Morning-After Pills4
. WesternU COMP Professor to Retire after 30+ Years5
. Treatment helps sex stage a comeback after menopause6
. Improving voice outcomes after thyroid surgery7
. The Lap Band Center: Dr. Atul Madan Offers 5 Tips on What to Expect After Lap Band Surgery8
. Goldlite Hypnosis Institute Helped Maria Stop Compulsive Skin Picking and Nail Biting after doing it for 25 years.9
. PTSD After Heart Attack Linked to Poor Sleep10
. Fitness Boot Camp in Chandler, Fit Body Boot Camp, Hosted Successful Charity Event and Raised Enough Proceeds for a New After School Youth Program11
. Poor sleep linked to PTSD after heart attack