NEW YORK, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, provider of free, comprehensive, high-quality health care to 10,000 teenagers each year, announced the launch of a Breakfast of Legends website, http://breakfastoflegends.org, and a Facebook page to promote the important fundraising event.
Eager to spotlight the Breakfast of Legends, benefit co-chairs Stacy and Mouli Cohen designed and donated the site. "Breakfastoflegends.org is a valuable resource," said Mouli Cohen. "I believe strongly in using the power of the web and social media to spread this important message. It showcases the important work of the Center, allows us to reach a wider audience, and provides a greater opportunity for others to get involved in this cause."
Angela Diaz, MD, MPH, Director, is excited about the launch. "The website and Facebook page are valuable tools for those that are interested in supporting the work of the Center through the Breakfast of Legends."
The Center will host its annual Breakfast of Legends on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at the Mandarin Oriental, New York. The event will take place from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m.
Katie Couric, anchor of CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, will be the Keynote Speaker.
The event will honor:
- Barbara R. Biben, founding member of the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center Advisory Board, Member of The Mount Sinai Auxiliary Board.
- Alfred R. Stern, former President and CEO of Warner Cable Corporation, Former CEO and Chairman of The Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- Samuel L. Guillory, MD, Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
- Judith Hannan, Member of the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center Advisory Board.
- John J. Hannan, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Apollo Investment Corporation.
- Carol Judelson, Founding member of the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center Advisory Board.
- Anne Nucci-Sack, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director of the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center.
About the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
Each year, the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center provides free health care to 10,000 urban adolescents from the five boroughs of New York City, addressing their physical, reproductive, and mental health needs regardless of their ability to pay. The Center is also one of the major training sites for health professionals in adolescent health and the Center's staff participates in research and disseminates information geared toward policy making, health promotion, and the treatment and prevention of disease in adolescents.
About Mouli Cohen
Mr. Cohen is an entrepreneur and investor who has founded and developed successful ventures in the biotechnology, high technology, digital media and entertainment sectors. He has balanced his success in business with extensive philanthropic activities. Over the years he has supported children's charities, food programs, medical research, and the arts as well as education projects both in the U.S. and abroad. He is married to author Stacy Cohen.
Contact: Matt Spangler 646-418-7862
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Mouli Cohen
|SOURCE Mouli Cohen|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved