support the unique therapeutic potential of antisense drugs. Already
this year, OncoGenex reported Phase 2 results for OGX-011 in prostate
* OncoGenex expects to report additional Phase 2 results for
OGX-011 in patients with cancer.
* OGX-011 will be further evaluated in prostate cancer with the
initiation of a Phase 3 study in patients with prostate
* OncoGenex expects to initiate Phase 2 clinical studies of
OGX-427 that targets Hsp27 for cancer treatment.
* Lilly expects to begin Phase 2 clinical studies of LY2181308
that targets survivin for cancer treatment.
* The broad therapeutic potential of antisense drugs enables Isis to
discover drugs that are outside of Isis' core focus areas. Isis'
partners are instrumental in driving the clinical development of these
* ATL1102, which targets VLA-4 to treat multiple sclerosis, is
currently in Phase 2 studies with results expected to be
reported this year.
* In addition to the highlighted drugs above, Isis and Isis' drug
development partners intend to initiate clinical studies on two new
* Isis also intends to advance two to four new drugs into development
within the next year.
Ibis is committed to advancing the Ibis T5000 Biosensor System into
larger commercial markets, including hospital-acquired infection control
and clinical diagnostics. Early in 2008, Ibis achieved a key goal to
establish a strategic partner in the diagnostics arena and to secure
funding to support continued progress in commercial development.
* Ibis intends to continue expanding its customer base and to place at
least eight ad
|SOURCE Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved