evidence to support the activity and safety profiles of
second-generation antisense drugs. Isis completed two key goals
early, including the licensing of mipomersen, the lead drug in this
franchise, to Genzyme and the initiation of Phase 3 studies of
mipomersen in patients with Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
* Over the upcoming months, Isis expects to effect a seamless
transition of mipomersen development to Genzyme.
* Isis and Genzyme expect to report new safety data for
* Isis expects to initiate Phase 1 clinical studies of ISIS
353512 that targets CRP for the treatment of coronary artery
* Isis and BMS expect to advance into development a drug
targeting PCSK9 for the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
* Isis' metabolic franchise, which consists of four novel and
complementary drugs to treat type 2 diabetes, will continue to grow,
with clinical data expected from the most advanced of the four drugs,
ISIS 113715, and Isis will continue to explore the therapeutic
opportunities for antisense drugs to treat obesity.
* Isis expects to report Phase 2 study data in Type 2 diabetics
treated with ISIS 113715 and sulfonylureas.
* Isis expects to complete the Phase 1 study of ISIS 325568, an
antisense drug licensed to OMI that targets GCGR to treat
diabetes. Isis expects OMI will choose to initiate Phase 2
studies of ISIS 325568 in patients with type 2 diabetes.
* Isis' partners developing antisense drugs
|SOURCE Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved