could receive more than $230 million in milestone payments, and Isis
established a research collaboration with OMI to identify additional
antisense drugs to treat metabolic diseases. Isis received the first
development milestone payment of $5 million under this collaboration.
* Isis licensed its lipid-lowering PCSK9 program to BMS for a
$15 million upfront licensing fee and up to $168 million in milestone
payments. Isis expanded clinical opportunities for its drugs by licensing several
antisense drugs that are outside of the Company's key therapeutic focus
areas to companies with disease-area expertise devoted to optimizing the
future development of these drugs.
* Isis licensed ISIS 369645, an inhaled antisense drug, to Altair for
the treatment of respiratory diseases.
* Isis entered into a collaboration with Excaliard to discover and
develop antisense drugs for the local treatment of fibrotic diseases,
* Isis licensed alicaforsen, an antisense drug targeting ICAM-1 for
ulcerative colitis, to Atlantic Healthcare. Isis demonstrated the value of its technology innovation and dominant
intellectual property through partnerships with industry leaders in a
variety of related areas.
* Isis received $26.5 million under its collaboration with Alnylam,
associated with Alnylam's transaction with Roche.
* Isis licensed technology to Archemix for aptamer drug applications in
exchange for milestones and royalties on aptamer drugs developed by
Archemix that incorporate Isis' proprietary chemistries or
manufacturing methods; Isis received the first milestone payment from
Archemix for the advancement of Archemix' aptamer drug into Phase 2a
Isis has improved its financial
|SOURCE Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved