Experts from all over the world will be converging on the Park Plaza Hotel in Westminster, London, from 2 - 4 December 2010 for Excellence in Paediatrics, which promises cutting edge topics by outstanding speakers.
The event, first held in Florence in 2009, is organised by a Scientific Committee that comprises the editors of 24 of Wiley-Blackwell's internationally acclaimed paediatric journals and books.
It aims to provide an up-to-date and authoritative overview of paediatrics and child health through a variety of innovative sessions, designed for general and specialist health professionals.
Features of this year's event include:
- Top-class London venue, which lies at the centre of the UK's rail, road and air network.
- Prestigious speaker list, which includes more than 60 academics and clinicians from the UK, USA, Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Sweden.
- Scientific programme that combines general interest and specialist topics on everything from adolescent medicine to nephrology.
- Four thematic streams on: infectious diseases and vaccinations; gastroenterology and nutrition; respiratory medicine and neurology and neurodevelopmental paediatrics.
- Format that includes lectures, round table debates, interactive case studies, meet-the-expert seminars and high-quality workshops.
- Special sessions organised by Centres of Excellence, including the Cochrane Child Health Field, Harvard Medical School, Karolinska Institutet and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Meet the Editors session with four renowned Wiley-Blackwell editors, where they will outline the peer-review publication process and answer questions.
- Accreditation of up to 18 hours by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, recognised by the Royal College of Physicians (London, Glasgow and Edinburgh).
- Up to 18 Clinical External CPD credits for UK paediatricians attending the event, in accordance with the current Royal College of Paediatricians and Child Health CPD guidelines.
- Preferential delegate rates for anyone registering before 3 September.
Excellence in Paediatrics is also inviting abstracts, which must be submitted by 10 September.
- Accepted abstracts will be published by Acta Paediatrica.
- The two best abstract authors will receive a continuing education fund of 3,000 to enable them to attend short courses held by the UCL Institute of Child Health in London.
- They and 10 other abstract authors will present their papers, receive an honorary certificate, free registration to the 2011 event and a 100 book voucher for Wiley-Blackwell titles.
- There will also be awards for the three best posters and for the best abstracts submitted by scientists under the age of 35.
"UK clinicians attending Excellence in Paediatrics will benefit from a wealth of expertise on their doorstep and overseas visitors from an easily accessible venue in one of the most exciting and historic capitals in Europe" says Harvey Marcovitch from Acta Paediatrica, who Chairs the event's Scientific Committee.
"Although this event is only in its second year, the impressive scientific programme and success of the 2009 event which attracted 680 delegates from 74 countries means it has already established itself as a vital conference for anyone interested in paediatrics and child health."
Related medicine news :1
. The International Association of Anesthesiologists Places its Top Doctors in the Renowned Medical Publication, The Leading Physicians of the World. 2
. International liver cancer congress provides possible solutions to reduce significant burden3
. A*STAR scientist receives international award for innovation in healthcare technology4
. Voss Foundation Helps CHF International Provide Clean Water in Rural Ethiopia 5
. International group of neurosurgeons to assemble in Buffalo6
. The Verdin Company Acquires Canterbury International, an industry leader in architectural site furnishings for over 50 years 7
. The 2nd Future Trends in Implantology International Dental Conference 8
. Ellsworth Adhesives Announces New International Engineered Sales Representative 9
. International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) Joins Other Professional Organizations Endorsing Dear Doctor Magazine 10
. Discount Medical Supplies Provider Now Offering International Checkout 11
. Miami's Soluna MD Educates Patients, Gains International Reputation for Excellence in Laser Lipo plus Ultrasound Technique, SmartLipo™ Ultra