"Hip and knee replacements, and spine surgery are proven methods of alleviating pain and restoring function and mobility," said Dr. Snyder. "However, the care that patients receive can vary, which is why a program like Blue Distinction that advocates best practices for high-quality and identifies facilities that meet those standards of care is so important."
IBC members may access the newly enhanced member web portal, ibxpress.com, to see which facilities are Blue Distinction Centers as well as other detailed information about a physician or hospital. This includes where their doctor went to medical school and other qualifications, or comparing hospitals based on experience, cost, patient satisfaction, and other important factors to help them make wise health care decisions about specific treatments and services.
Blue Distinction Centers listing
Of the 19 area hospitals to earn the latest Blue Distinction Centers status, seven of them achieved a distinction in both the knee and hip replacement and the spine surgery designations. These facilities are: Abington Memorial Hospital, Lankenau Hospital, Paoli Memorial Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital, Riddle Memorial Hospital, Temple University Hospital, and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Hospitals that achieved the Blue Distinction status for knee and hip replacement are: Albert Einstein<
SOURCE Independence Blue Cross
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Independence Blue Cross Makes Music for Members Ears
2. Governor Rendell Appoints Dr. Richard Snyder of Independence Blue Cross to Chronic Care Commission
3. Independence Blue Cross Finalizes New Multi-Year Agreements with Mercy Health System and St. Mary Medical Center
4. Independence Technology, A Johnson & Johnson Company, Renews Its Contract With Creative Technology Services
5. Independence Blue Cross Announces No Pay Getaway Promotion Designed to Encourage Healthy Behaviors
6. Independence Blue Cross and Abington Memorial Hospital Reach Multi-Year Agreement
7. Independence Blue Cross Gives Grants to Support Health Care for the Uninsured
8. Insurance Department Will Hold Public Hearings on Proposed Consolidation of Highmark, Independence Blue Cross
9. Independence Blue Cross Delivers Important Reminder to Women during Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
10. Health Dialog and Independence Blue Cross Extend Relationship, Expand Services
11. Independence Blue Cross Offers New Free Fitness Program to Medicare Members