The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) has announced expanded opportunities for orthopaedic surgeons at the IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis 2008, to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, from December 3-7 2008. At three dedicated orthopaedic sessions, details below, orthopaedic surgeons can meet international experts to discuss specific clinical challenges and learn how best practice is applied in different regions of the world.
"We have decided to focus in this year's congress on the importance of orthopaedic surgeons in the fight against osteoporosis. They are frequently the first, and often the only physicians to see fracture patients, and therefore have a key role in ensuring the patient is adequately evaluated for osteoporosis and treated," said Professor Cyrus Cooper, Chairman, IOF Committee of Scientific Advisors, and Chairman, IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis 2008 Scientific Committee. "Asian and international perspectives on how best to care, manage and treat fracture patients with osteoporosis will be presented and discussed in these three complementary sessions."
Orthopaedic Session: Asian Perspective Wednesday, December 3, 2008, from 13.00 - 14.30
- Introduction, Suthorn Bavonratanavech, Thailand
- The Orthopaedic Challenge: Impact on our Daily Business, Toshitaka Nakamura, Japan
- Fracture Healing Research, Arata Nakajima, Japan
- Vertebral Fractures in Asia: The Role of Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty in their Management,
Ping-Chung Leung, Hong Kong, China
Orthopaedic Session: International Perspective (Healing, Repair and Prevention of Fragility Fractures) Friday, December 5, 2008 from 11.30 14.30
- Introduction, Suthorn Bavonratanavech, Thailand, and Thomas Einhorn, U.S.A.
- Biomechanics of Age-Related Fractures, Mary L. Bouxsein, U.S.A.
- New Developments in the Biology of Fracture Healing, Thomas A. Einhorn, U.S.A.
- Fracture Healing in Osteoporotic Bone - Mechanical and Pharmacological Treatment, Mathias P. Bostrom, U.S.A.
- Effects of Osteoporosis Agents on Fracture Healing, David Little, Australia
- Report on the Requirements for Clinical Trials on Bone Healing - GREES-ESCEO-IOF Workshop, Jrg Goldhahn, Switzerland
Building Bridges in Bone Health: the Cell, the Tissue, the Patient and Policy Saturday December 6, 2008 from 17.15 18.45
Orthopaedic Symposium organized by Thai Osteoporosis Foundation in collaboration with Novartis
- Chairs: Suthorn Bavonratanavech and David Marsh
Session 1 between fragments
- Fracture Healing in Elderly Patients, Thomas A Einhorn, U.S.A.
- Is Implant Anchorage Different? Jrg Goldhahn, Switzerland
- Is Treatment Strategy Different? Mathias P. Bostrom, U.S.A.
Session 2 between specialties
- Co-Diagnostics with Radiologists, Harry K. Genant, U.S.A.
- Co-work with the Physician, Peter Burckhardt, Switzerland
- Co-Management with the Geriatrician, Amy Hoang-Kim, Italy
Session 3 between doctors and patients
- How to Deliver Care, David Marsh, U.K.
- How to Rehabilitate Elderly Patients, Kristina kesson, Sweden
- How to Prevent the Next Fracture, David Little, Australia
To see more details of the IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis 2008 scientific program please click here.
Related medicine news :1
. HHS Announces $75 Million in Supplemental Funding to States for Pandemic Flu Preparedness2
. CRC Health Group Announces Acquisition of Bayside Marin Recovery Center, San Rafael3
. UHW Announces: Antelope Valley Hospital Caregivers and Board Vote to Ratify First Union Contract With SEIU UHW-West4
. HEI, Inc. Announces Sale of RFID Division Assets5
. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. Announces FDA Approval to Market Generic Version of Zyloprim(R)6
. Mettler-Toledo International Inc. Announces Webcast of Presentation at Thomas Weisel Partners 2007 Healthcare Conference7
. Z Trim Announces Revocation of Gregory Halpern Severence Agreement8
. Brooke Franchise Corporation Announces Selected July Results9
. Manor Care, Inc. Announces Record Date for Special Stockholder Meeting10
. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. Announces FDA Approval to Market Generic Version of Adipex-P(R)11
. Planet Technologies Announces Agreement to Acquire Antigen Laboratories