LA Magazine (January 2010) lists Berman as a Top Doctor in Southern California for Cosmetic/Reconstructive Surgery
Santa Clarita, Calif. (PRWEB) April 28, 2010 -- Of the group of cosmetic surgeons who can truly make a claim of understanding the distinct needs of Hispanics, Dr. Mark Berman is taking a fresh approach to raising awareness of his personal connection to the Hispanic community. Though a graduate of the Chicago Medical School, Dr. Berman developed a bond with the Hispanic community during a period that he spent studying abroad at the Autonomous University of Guadalajara (Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara). Berman developed fluency in Spanish during this program.
Over a quarter century later, the West Los Angeles surgeon has engaged Power Media Group, a thriving Hispanic-owned advertising agency widely recognized as skillful in building relationships and brands with Hispanic consumers, to further pursue publicizing his surgical services.
"A widespread concern among young Latinas is the fear of looking artificial and losing their natural elements of beauty," stated Berman. "When I perform a nose surgery, for example, I really want to make the nose naturally fit with the face and not look like it's been operated upon." More than 20 percent of his patients are Hispanics who come from all over the United States.
Even with widespread cuts to consumer budgets across the economy, over 17.5 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the U.S. by cosmetic surgeons in 2009. It's a figure that constitutes an 8 percent jump in just a year. Berman, who is newly elected president of American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), says that aside from the aging population's increasing reluctance to look old, there could be a link to added pressure on jobseekers - to look good to find or retain jobs.
"Baby Boomers might look 50 or 60 on the outside, but we're still 25 on the inside," stated Berman. "We want to look the way we think we look." Berman points to a 2009 AACS Procedural Census Fact Sheet released this month that indicates the increase marked a 9 percent increase among women and 2 percent increase among men.
Berman's new West Los Angeles office is not only set up with an accredited operating room, he shares the floor with a cosmetic dermatologist and specialists in anti-aging medicine (hormone replacement therapy and optimal health medicine). "I'm committed to always presenting the best advice, not just for surgery, but also for areas related to optimum health and other minimally invasive procedures."
In January 2010, Berman was named the President of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), a nonprofit organization with delegate representation in the AMA. The AACS is dedicated to patient safety and physician education in cosmetic surgery. Berman said, "It's clear that our fundamental goal remains to advance patient care in cosmetic surgery. Anything else we achieve remains secondary to that goal."
About The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (http://www.cosmeticsurgery.org)
The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery is a professional medical society whose members are dedicated to patient safety and physician education in cosmetic surgery. Founded in 1984, there are over 2600 members of the AACS. Practice areas for AACS members include Dermatology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery and OB/GYN. AACS is the organization that represents cosmetic surgeons in the American Medical Association. The Academy, in conjunction with the Cosmetic Surgery Foundation, sponsors the Annual Scientific Meeting as well as many live-surgery workshops.
About Dr. Mark Berman (http://www.markbermanmd.com/)
Since 1983, Dr. Berman has practiced cosmetic surgery. He's particularly recognized for his special contributions in breast augmentation and fat-grafting. He is known as one of the pioneers of Fat Grafting - also known as the 3 Dimensional Face Lift or Space Lift or Autologous Fat Transplantation, and his accomplishments include application of Gore-Tex® (e-PTFE) materials for cosmetic surgery, and several patented surgical devices and implants, such as the Pocket Protector® (an e-PTFE breast implant device) and the SAF-T-VAC®.
Some of Berman's achievements include: Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery; Fellow of the American College of Surgeons; Past-President of the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery; Past-President of the American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery; an Examiner for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery; L.A. Magazine 2010 "Top Doctors of Southern California"; Clinical Instructor Facial Plastic Surgery - University of Southern California; Honorary Member French Society of Aesthetic Surgery.
In March, Dr. Berman, as president of the AACS represented the Academy in New York City during a media tour, and provided more than 20 TV and radio interviews.
About Power Media Group Inc. (http://www.powermediagroup.com)
An advertising agency led by Patricia Gracia and Tony Gracia has been honored with industry awards, achievements and recognition from:
- Power Media Group Inc. Winner of the Latin Business Association 2008 Sol Award as Business of the Year. http://www.powermediagroup.com/what.html
- Commended by Los Angeles County Board Supervisor Mike Antonovich and U.S. Congressman Howard "Buck" McKeon - 25th District of California, among others.
- SBA qualification, for a real estate loan -acquisition of an 11,000 square-foot commercial building, a new home for clients and customers http://www.powermediagroup.com/pmg_opening.html
- 2009 Addy Awards for Excellence in Creativity for a TV ad in the General Market - Catalog Sales. http://www.powermediagroup.com/addy.html
- Patricia Gracia, Winner of La Opinion 2009 Distinguished Woman in the category of Business and Technology.
- Patricia Gracia, panelist to the Latin Business Association 2009 annual conference and expo, presented, "The Transforming Role of Latinas in Business"
- Patricia Gracia, nominated for the Santa Clarita Valley Business Leadership Awards and for Women in Business 2009 Award.
- Tony Gracia, nominated by the San Fernando Business Journal as one of the Top Valley's CFO of 2009.
- Power Media Group named among the 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies of 2009 by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
- Patricia Gracia-United States SBA Minority Small Business Champion of the Year 2010 --- - Power Media Group winner of three 2010 ADDY Awards for Excellence in Creativity for the above Categories: Logo creation - Local Radio Campaign – Website.
Telemundo Interview Al Rojo Vivo
Univision Interview- Patricia Gracia - Mujeres Sobresalientes Segment
Univision Interview -Tony Gracia-Donde estan los trabajos?
POWER MEDIA GROUP INC.
17960 Sierra Highway
Santa Clarita, CA 91351
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/04/prweb3889624.htm.
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved