MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- High-Tech Institute in Minneapolis will begin offering six new degree programs, with a class start set for January 11, 2010 for all programs. The school is located at 5100 Gamble Drive, Suite 200 in St. Louis Park, Minn.
High-Tech Institute Minneapolis will offer six new Associate of Applied Science degree programs in Medical Assistant, Medical Billing & Coding, Massage Therapy, Pharmacy Technician, Surgical Technologist and Limited Scope X-ray Technician. The school also offers diploma programs in these fields.
"We are excited to now introduce associate degree programs in addition to our diploma offerings," said Elizabeth Beseke, president of High-Tech Institute Minneapolis. "These degree offerings broaden the opportunities for our students to gain additional educational experience, making them qualified for a wider range of career opportunities."
Among the new Associate of Applied Science degree programs:
- Medical Assistant - The Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled health professional who plays an important role as a member of the health care team in a variety of medical settings. This program introduces students to anatomy and physiology of the body systems, medical terminology, and required clinical and administrative skills. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to work as an entry-level Clinical Medical Assistant, Administrative Medical Assistant, Medical receptionist, Medical Bookkeeper, and Laboratory Assistant.
- Medical Billing & Coding - Students will receive training in all areas of insurance billing and medical coding, medical records, as well as study the human anatomy, physiology and common diseases and an introduction to medical terminology and pharmacology. Upon graduation, students will be qualified to work as a medical insurance biller, a medical records coder or health information technician.
- Massage Therapy -- Students will study anatomy, physiology and pathology in relation to soft tissue injury and treatment and train in various methods of massage. Upon graduation, students will be qualified to work in a variety of settings as a massage therapist - from private practice to nursing homes, resorts to pain management clinics.
- Surgical Technologist - Students will study the anatomy and physiology of the body, receive an introduction to the operating room as well as training in skills of a Surgical Technologist, laboratory procedures and CPR certification. An externship at a medical facility will be part of the education process and students will be qualified to work in hospital operating rooms, delivery rooms, surgical centers and clinics upon graduation.
- Pharmacy Technician - Students study anatomy and physiology of the body and of drugs used to treat common diseases, gaining familiarity with interpreting physicians' orders, maintaining records, processing drug orders, calculating dosing and stocking medication. Upon graduation, students may pursue careers in retail pharmacies, hospitals and clinics.
- Limited Scope X-Ray Technician - Students study the anatomy and physiology of the body, radiologic techniques, darkroom and film developing techniques and complete an externship at a clinical site. Upon graduation, students are eligible to take the Minnesota State Licensure Examination and with successful completion, be eligible for careers in physicians' offices, clinics and diagnostic imaging centers.
Prospective students should call 888-324-9700 or visit http://www.hightechinstitute.edu/locations/high-tech-institute-minneapolis/ for more information.
About High-Tech Institute
Established in 1996, High Tech Institute Minneapolis is part of the Anthem Education Group of schools and colleges. Anthem Education Group (AEG) is a Phoenix, Arizona-based family of schools and colleges that provides career focused training and education programs at 22 accredited institutions in 13 states and through online programs, offering masters, bachelors and associates degrees as well as diplomas. The Anthem Education Group family of schools, which has been providing quality post-secondary education for more than a century, includes Anthem College, Anthem College Online, Anthem Institute, The Bryman School of Arizona, Morrison University, Allied College and High-Tech Institute.
SOURCE High-Tech Institute
Related medicine news :1
. GetWellNetwork Taps High-Tech Veteran Michele Perry as Chief Operating Officer2
. Impotence, Incontinence Risk Casts Doubt on High-Tech Prostate Surgery3
. Makers of the High-Tech Thermal Angel Blood Warmer Say Lawmakers Should Look for Private Sector Solutions During Health Care Debate4
. High-Tech Meets Luxury at New Dental Practice: Introducing Westchester Smile Design5
. High-tech Texas hospitals see fewer complications, lower costs, UT Southwestern researcher finds6
. Lucas Group Reports Hiring Trend in High-Tech Medical Device7
. High-Tech Vet Medicine Saving Lives of Pets and People8
. High-Tech Imaging No Better for Diagnosing Head/Neck Cancers9
. Patients receive heart valve replacements without surgery using high-tech device10
. More than Seventy Percent of Top US Hospitals Control Patient Temperature with High-Tech Arctic Sun(TM)11
. Rh-Apo2L Named as One of Chinas High-Tech Transforming Products by Chinese Government