Elizabeth M. Mutisya, MD, Elected 2008 President of the HBA
FAIRFIELD, N.J., Jan. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- With a new president at its helm, Elizabeth M. Mutisya, MD, and a newly-installed 2008 Board of Directors, the Healthcare Businesswomen's Association (HBA) continues to mark its 30th Anniversary with an ambitious 2008 leadership agenda and an expanded commitment to furthering the advancement of women leaders in healthcare worldwide. "Our steadily expanding global membership is a clear indicator of the value HBA delivers to its stakeholders," said Mutisya, "empowering members to achieve their full leadership potential and enabling corporate partners to meet their leadership development goals."
Since its inception 30 years ago, the HBA has become the number one women's leadership organization in the healthcare industry, dedicated to recognizing outstanding women in the healthcare industry, providing educational opportunities for its members to develop cutting-edge industry knowledge and leadership skills, and performing groundbreaking research such as the E.D.G.E. in Leadership study, the first to benchmark women's progression in leadership roles in the healthcare industry.
The Board of Directors for the HBA met January 18 for a kick-off
strategic planning retreat with the new board members coming together for
the first time. The 17-member HBA Board will be led by a seven-member
1. President: Elizabeth M. Mutisya, MD, McKinsey & Company
2. President-Elect: Christine Zak, Vice President, Allergy Business Unit,
3. First Vice President: Susan Torroella, CEO & President, Columbia MedCom
4. Second Vice President: Lori Ryan, Executive Director, Business Planning
& Analysis, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
5. Treasurer: Donna Cryer, CEO, CryerHealth, LLC
6. Secretary: Deborah Seltzer, Senior Vice President, Boyden Global
|SOURCE Healthcare Businesswomen's Association|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved