Kaiser Permanente, Highmark, Inc., and Johnson & Johnson Among Other Companies to Present Behavior Change Intervention Outcomes
SAN ANTONIO, May 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Emerging technologies and the latest research and strategies in wellness and prevention will be showcased today at the third annual HealthMedia(R) ENGAGE customer and partner conference. HealthMedia, a Johnson & Johnson company, is the pioneer in combining advanced technology and behavioral science to deliver digital health coaching solutions. ENGAGE brings together industry thought leaders, influencers, and customers of HealthMedia to share their experiences, expertise, outcomes, and new ideas in population health management.
During conference presentations and panel discussions, attendees will learn how to improve participation and productivity, reduce health care costs, and achieve better health outcomes. This year's conference will focus on the individuals who used the programs, and attendees will hear directly from those individuals about the impact HealthMedia interventions have made in their lives.
Some of the nation's leading employers and health plans will share their strategies and demonstrate how scalable digital coaching technology has helped them achieve substantial economic and clinical outcomes. Individual customer success stories will also be debuted. Sessions will focus on productivity, technology, participation and engagement, emerging trends, and behavioral health. Specific sessions include:
- Kaiser Permanente will share how it nearly tripled member participation rates last year and had its most successful new program launch with the HealthMedia(R) Care(TM) for Your Back program.
- Highmark, Inc. will present data from a medical claims analysis that show how online chronic illness self-management programs resulted in participants' 2007 health care costs being $937 less per participant than projected.
- Johnson & Johnson Global Health will provide an overview of the company's long-term commitment to employee health, and present the health and financial outcomes of worksite wellness program for its 45,000 US employees.
"We have a record number of customers, partners, and other organizations all coming together to share their strategies for reducing health care costs and improving productivity by dealing with health issues before they become serious or chronic," said Ted Dacko, president of HealthMedia, Inc. "Our mission is to improve the health, performance, and lives of those individuals we serve, and this year attendees will hear personal stories directly from their own employees and members who are now living better and healthier lives."
Keynote Addresses by Coach K, Malcolm Gladwell, Jim Loehr, and Michael O'Donnell
Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K), Duke University basketball and United States National Team Head Coach, will deliver the first keynote address on May 13. Coach K will share his strategies for engagement, participation, and motivation, which are key components of successful population health management. Keynote addresses on May 14 will be given by Michael O'Donnell, editor in chief and president of the American Journal of Health Promotion, and Malcolm Gladwell, author of three New York Times #1 bestsellers, "The Tipping Point," "Blink," and "Outliers."
Other conference highlights include:
- Dr. Jim Loehr, co-founder of the Human Performance Institute and co-author of the bestselling book, "The Power of Full Engagement," will help attendees understand how energy management training can drive performance, productivity, and enhanced health to new levels. Dr. Loehr's science-based energy management training system has been recognized worldwide.
- Dr. Vic Strecher, founder and chief science officer of HealthMedia, Inc. and professor and director of the Center for Health Communications Research, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education at the University of Michigan, will discuss the future of HealthMedia, as well as highlight enhancements of the reengineered HealthMedia(R) Overcoming(TM) Depression program.
- Tom Parry, president of the Integrated Benefits Institute, and John Riedel, president of the health and productivity management consultancy, Riedel & Associates Consultants, will discuss workplace productivity measurement and how it validates spending on population health management programs.
- Pamela Greenberg, president and CEO of the Association for Behavioral Health and Wellness, Steve Melek, principal and behavioral health care consultant at Milliman, and other behavioral health experts will highlight the impact and prevalence of behavioral health issues and help organizations prepare for mental health parity legislation.
For more information about ENGAGE, including a complete conference agenda, visit http://www.healthmedia.com/engage2009/index.htm.
About HealthMedia, Inc.
HealthMedia, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, is the world's innovator in combining advanced technology and behavioral science to effectively deliver digital health coaching interventions via the web. HealthMedia applies its Fusion(TM) technology to address the most problematic pain points facing the health industry today: participation, scalability, cost, efficacy, ownership, and return on investment. HealthMedia's suite of interventions provides automated web-based coaching for wellness, disease management, behavioral health, and medication adherence with proven outcomes, increased compliance, reduced medical utilization, and increased productivity - boosting profitability for health plans, employers, pharmaceutical companies, and behavioral health organizations. Clients include Kaiser Permanente, Daiichi Sankyo, Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Inc., Community First Health Plans, and nine Blue Cross Blue Shield organizations across the United States. HealthMedia partners include APS Healthcare, LifeSynch, Health Dialog, SHPS, and StayWell Custom Communications, LLC. For more information, visit www.healthmedia.com.
Related medicine news :1
. HealthMedia Revolution Explodes in Second Quarter2
. HealthMedia Fourth Quarter 2007 Produces Highest Revenue in Company History3
. IHPM and HealthMedia Announce Industrys First Behavioral Health Workplace Center for Employers4
. HealthMedia Kicks Off ENGAGE Conference5
. HealthMedia(R) Explosive Growth Continues in First Quarter 20086
. StayWell Custom Communications Announces Strategic Alliance With HealthMedia7
. HealthMedia Health Risk Assessment Earns Prestigious NCQA Certification8
. HealthMedia Launches First-Ever Binge Eating Campaign and Intervention to Take on Nations Top Eating Disorder9
. Johnson & Johnson Establishes Wellness & Prevention Platform with Acquisition of HealthMedia, Inc.10
. HealthMedia Announces Industrys First Individually Tailored Physical Activity Intervention and Other Innovative New Program Features11
. Historic Breast Cancer Global Advocate Summit Convenes in Budapest, Hungary on September 29-30