TAMPA, Fla., July 9 /PRNewswire/ -- With healthcare reform a high priority on the national agenda, Shan Padda, chairman and chief executive officer of Health Integrated, a leading provider of Health Management Solutions, believes the market is strong for companies that can clearly offer solutions to drive down costs while also improving healthcare quality for all Americans.
"Despite a down economy, health plans are not wavering from their focus on improving outcomes for their members while also reducing the cost of care delivery. As a partner to health plans, Health Integrated deploys people, programs and our technology platform to empower health plan members and their physicians to more effectively manage their health and wellbeing by addressing both medical and behavioral health in an integrated, whole-patient fashion," Padda says.
At the mid-point of 2009, Health Integrated's chronic condition, utilization and case management programs are now reaching more than seven million health plan members. Many of these members have complex, chronic medical conditions along with psychosocial issues, such as depression, or other barriers to care, such as lack of transportation or family support.
In a report recently prepared for customers, Health Integrated highlighted its 2009 progress to date, including:
- Initiated a new partnership with CareOregon, a non-profit health plan that provides Medicaid and Medicare managed care services for Oregonians, to improve health and quality of life for CareOregon members through Health Integrated's market-leading Synergy Targeted Population Management(R) (Synergy) program.
- Announced partnership with L.A. Care to strengthen services for primary care physicians treating Medi-Cal and Medicare Advantage members with behavioral health conditions, and to reduce costs. L.A. Care will leverage the Synergy program to support primary care doctors and clinicians in their treatment of members with medical and co-morbid behavioral health conditions, and to assist members in getting appropriate behavioral health care.
- Expanded an existing agreement for Synergy with Health Plus of New York, one of New York's largest providers of state-sponsored health insurance, to reach more Medicaid and Medicare members. The program is private labeled for Health Plus as "To Your Health!"
- Expanded operations to the West Coast with the addition of a new service center outside of Seattle, and the hiring of 50 additional healthcare professionals to support Health Integrated's growing customer base.
Strengthened Services and Industry Leadership
- Created a collaborative focused on the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), an emerging healthcare delivery model focused on improving care while reducing healthcare costs. With the debut of the Health Integrated PCMH Community Blog, members of the healthcare community interested in sharing insights or learning more about the PCMH concept now have an open, neutral and educational online environment in which to explore topics and issues. The registration link for the blog, which is the first dialogue-based program of several planned to support the collaborative, can be found at http://www.healthintegrated.com/blog-intro.html .
- Launched a unique service for health plans preparing for the federal mental health parity laws that require compliance by October 2009. Health Integrated's Synthesis Mental Health Parity Planning(TM) identifies areas to mitigate costs associated with compliance while integrating best practices in mental and behavioral health management. Health Integrated provides planning and a complete suite of health management solutions through its Synthesis Health Management Services(R) product line.
- Launched Synergy Connect(TM), a ground-breaking service component of the Synergy program that actively connects chronically ill health plan members to their physicians, health plans and community organizations to get the most medical and psychosocial support available.
- Forged a strategic partnership with MedeAnalytics (formerly MedeFinance), the leading healthcare performance analytics company, to jointly offer health plan customers services that combine the power of targeted population management with advanced business intelligence.
- Received full accreditation by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the Synergy Targeted Population Management program for seven chronic conditions: asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, depression, diabetes and low back pain.
- Hosted a strategic summit for healthcare leaders to discuss complex healthcare topics, such as reform and the patient centered medical home, and to debate solutions, as part of Health Integrated's ongoing Executive Leadership Series.
Recognition of Top Talent
- Strengthened the management team with the addition of Victor Dragon as senior vice president of Solutions to ensure a continuous pipeline of health management innovations that integrate health plans, providers and members for a cohesive team-based approach.
- Thomas Bendoraitis, CPA, Health Integrated's chief financial officer, was named a finalist in the "CFO of the Year" program run by the Tampa Business Journal.
Health Integrated's health management solutions address medical, psychological and social barriers to care. Programs help health plan members get the right care at the right time at the right place and provide coaching, education and support to enable members and their providers to better manage their health in the context of their lives. Health Integrated's integrated approach can help reduce costs and unnecessary, avoidable healthcare utilization, such as emergency room visits for conditions that can be managed through a primary care physician. The Company's offerings include:
- Synergy Targeted Population Management(R), a health management program designed to improve clinical outcomes and quality of life for the chronically ill while lowering avoidable utilization by addressing the critical interplay between psychological, social and physical health.
- Synthesis Health Management Services(R), a complete suite of medical and behavioral health management programs that can stand alone or be integrated into existing health management programs to meet customer needs. Synthesis includes services for case management, physician review, nurse advice/triage, healthcare utilization management and Synthesis Behavioral Health Integration(R), a groundbreaking carve-in service that assists health plans in integrating behavioral health management with medical management.
About Health Integrated
Health Integrated is the leading innovation partner for health plans, providing evidence-based solutions to accelerate achievement of health management goals for clinical outcomes, quality measures and cost containment. For more information, visit www.healthintegrated.com.
Mike Miniati, Health Integrated
813-388-4030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Related medicine news :1
. Health Insurance Options for Domestic Partnerships2
. Statement by Registered Dietitian and American Dietetic Association President Jessie M. Pavlinac on Health Reform and Conservation of Natural Resources3
. Go Healthy Announces Negotiations With Bottling Facilities4
. AMN Healthcare Services to Host 2009 Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call on Thursday, August 6, 20095
. Scottsdale Healthcare Streamlines Contract Labor Process with Broadlane Workforce Management6
. Long-Term Care Financing Must Be Part of Health Care Reform7
. Health Physics Society 54th Annual Meeting8
. The next health tsunami: Noncommunicable diseases9
. Universal Health Services, Inc. Announces Daniel B. Silvers Appointed to Board of Directors10
. Statement About Agreement With White House and Senate Finance Committee on Health Reform11
. California Department of Public Health Reports Large Increase in Pet Euthanasia