BETHESDA, Md., May 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. (NYSE: HGR) is pleased to announce that to date in 2009, it has acquired Northwest Prosthetic & Orthotic Clinic and Inline Orthotic and Prosthetic Systems. These acquisitions add patient care centers to existing markets in Washington and California.
President and CEO, Thomas F. Kirk stated, "We are very pleased welcome the talented professionals from both Northwest and Inline to the Hanger team. These acquisitions continue our strategy of building share in existing markets and add value in our core O&P business."
Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc., headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic patient care services. Hanger is the market leader in the United States, owning and operating 675 patient care centers in 45 states and the District of Columbia, with over 3,500 employees including 1,083 practitioners (as of March 31, 2009). Hanger is organized into four units. The two key operating units are patient care, which consists of nationwide orthotic and prosthetic practice centers, and distribution which consists of distribution centers managing the supply chain of orthotic and prosthetic componentry to Hanger and third party patient care centers. The third is Linkia, which is the first and only provider network management company for the orthotics and prosthetics industry. The fourth unit, Innovative Neurotronics, introduces emerging neuromuscular technologies developed through independent research in a collaborative effort with industry suppliers worldwide. For more information on Innovative Neurotronics, Inc. or the WalkAide(R), visit http://www.ininc.us. For more information on Hanger, visit '/>"/>
SOURCE Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Reports $0.14 EPS on 26.6% Increase in Net Income for the First Quarter 2009
2. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2009 Earnings Release Conference Call
3. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Reports $0.26 Pro Forma EPS on 8.6% Sales Growth for the Fourth Quarter 2008
4. Hanger Orthopedic Group Welcomes Vinit Asar as Chief Growth Officer
5. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Announces Six Acquisitions Totaling $8.9 Million of Annual Net Revenue
6. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Announces 2008 Year-End Earnings Release Conference Call
7. Parker College of Chiropractic Education Launches Recruiting Campaign for Career Changers and Potential Students
8. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Receives Favorable New Code for WalkAide
9. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Exceeds Estimates on a 10% Sales Increase and a 28% EPS Increase to $0.23 for the Third Quarter 2008
10. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Announces Underwritten Public Offering by Shareholder
11. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. Receives Positive Outlook from Moodys Investors Service