NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.(R) (HMS) presented the 4th Annual Heroes of Healthcare awards last month in recognition of outstanding work in the healthcare field. The awards were presented Friday, October 17, during the closing session of HMS' annual conference.
Awards were presented to the following nominees:
-- Josh Prewitt - Rockcastle Hospital & Respiratory Care Center, Inc., Mt. Vernon, Ky.
* A new employee in IT Support who worked through an all-inclusive implementation training employees and installing over 300 devices with aplomb
-- Sheila Owens - Bedford Regional Medical Center, Bedford, Ind.
* Informatics Nurse who has been a dedicated teacher and strong advocate of the electronic system and wearer of many hats both in the facility and the community
-- Sherry Kanoski - McDonough District Hospital, Macomb, Ill.
* IS Nurse on the verge of retirement who has been on the front lines of all system implementations with enthusiasm and creativity to help clinical staff learn and raise the bar on patient safety
-- Joyce Beck and Grant Committee - Thayer County Health System, Hebron, Neb.
* With the receipt of a grant, worked to implement completely paperless processes and become a showcase site for the entire U.S. in terms of EHR in a Critical Access setting
-- Susan Morris - Fayette County Memorial Hospital, Washington Court House, Ohio
* Materials Manager who worked creatively to implement a new Point of Issue process
-- Karen Liszner and Kim Ratner - Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, West Orange, N.J.
* Worked tirelessly over the years to advocate for and implement advanced patient care technology in three rehabilitation facilities
-- Hospital Implementation Team - Rockcastle Hospita
|SOURCE Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved