NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.(R) (HMS) presented the 4th Annual Heroes of Healthcare awards last month in recognition of outstanding work in the healthcare field. The awards were presented Friday, October 17, during the closing session of HMS' annual conference.
Awards were presented to the following nominees:
-- Josh Prewitt - Rockcastle Hospital & Respiratory Care Center, Inc., Mt. Vernon, Ky.
* A new employee in IT Support who worked through an all-inclusive implementation training employees and installing over 300 devices with aplomb
-- Sheila Owens - Bedford Regional Medical Center, Bedford, Ind.
* Informatics Nurse who has been a dedicated teacher and strong advocate of the electronic system and wearer of many hats both in the facility and the community
-- Sherry Kanoski - McDonough District Hospital, Macomb, Ill.
* IS Nurse on the verge of retirement who has been on the front lines of all system implementations with enthusiasm and creativity to help clinical staff learn and raise the bar on patient safety
-- Joyce Beck and Grant Committee - Thayer County Health System, Hebron, Neb.
* With the receipt of a grant, worked to implement completely paperless processes and become a showcase site for the entire U.S. in terms of EHR in a Critical Access setting
-- Susan Morris - Fayette County Memorial Hospital, Washington Court House, Ohio
* Materials Manager who worked creatively to implement a new Point of Issue process
-- Karen Liszner and Kim Ratner - Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, West Orange, N.J.
* Worked tirelessly over the years to advocate for and implement advanced patient care technology in three rehabilitation facilities
-- Hospital Implementation Team - Rockcastle Hospital & Respiratory Care Center, Inc., Mt. Vernon, Ky.
* Implemented almost every HMS solution available less than a year ago and now has all physicians using CPOE and earned the 2008 Kentucky Hospital Association Quality Award for their excellence in patient care as a result
-- Bedford Regional Medical Center, Bedford, Ind.
* During their seven years on the HMS system are constantly looking for new ideas to increase patient safety and push the healthcare industry to adopt an electronic attitude and currently have all physicians using CPOE
"HMS is proud to present these 'Heroes' awards to such deserving recipients who have gone over and above to make a difference in their facilities and local communities," said Tom Stephenson, president and chief executive officer of HMS. "The tireless dedication of these healthcare professionals so often goes unnoticed, so we created this annual award to recognize their hard work and show our appreciation."
The "Heroes of Healthcare" awards are presented annually at the HMS Training and Exposition national conference for customers of the HMS hospital information system. Nominations are received through the dedicated Heroes website at www.heroesofhealthcare.com, and awardees are selected by an executive committee of healthcare professionals.
Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.(R) (HMS) is a Nashville-based healthcare company that develops, sells and supports integrated clinical and financial hospital information systems and services. Founded in 1984, HMS counts among its customers 618 community hospitals; behavioral, rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities; and multi-entity healthcare organizations nationwide. With the HMS system, caregivers are able to increase their efficiency in delivering quality care with an emphasis on improving patient safety. For more information, please visit www.hmstn.com or call 800.383.3317.
About Heroes of Healthcare
Now in its fourth year, the Heroes of Healthcare awards are the creation of Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.(R) (HMS). Inspired by HMS customers, "healthcare heroes" who work endless hours to make sure patients are safe and their families feel good about putting loved ones in their care, the awards are presented at HMS' annual conference. For more information, please visit www.heroesofhealthcare.com .
|SOURCE Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved