WHEREAS, upon sunset of the Act, the Governor's Office of Administration ("OA") took immediate action to secure the 20 years of PHC4 data to ensure its integrity and to preserve confidentiality of the records in compliance with state and federal laws as well as in compliance with PHC4 contractual obligations and internal policies and protocols; and
WHEREAS, the Act lacked provision for a transition period or mechanics for winding up the affairs of PHC4.
NOW THEREFORE, I, Edward G. Rendell, Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and other laws of the Commonwealth, do hereby declare the following:
1. The members of PHC4 on the date the Act sunset shall continue to comprise PHC4 and shall hold their offices as members of PHC4 as provided in the Act.
2. Those individuals employed by PHC4 on the date the Act sunset shall continue to be employed by PHC4.
3. PHC4 members and its Staff shall work to prepare the agency for reauthorization or for permanent dissolution, as appropriate.
4. All permissions granted by hospitals for PHC4 to view hospital specific data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network pursuant to chapter 4 of the act of March 20, 2002 (P.L.154, No.13), known as the Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (Mcare) Act ("Act 13"), are hereby vested in PHC4 and the Staff during the term of this Executive Order. PHC4 and the Staff shall use such data in accordance with Act 13 and solely for the purpose of analysis and reporting on hospital acquired infections.
5. PHC4 shall be deemed a continuation of the PHC4 as esta
|SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved