More than 200 Young Women Expected for 35 Progressive Workshops, Including Yoga, Tai Chi, 'Drum Circle' and Self-Protection Workshop
MIQUON, Pa., March 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following release was released today by Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania:
WHEN: Saturday, March 28, 2009 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: Springside School for Girls, 8000 Cherokee St. Chestnut Hill, PA
WHAT: Girl Scouts of Greater Philadelphia and Independence Blue Cross Present "A Healthier You." The all-day event will provide 35 workshops and classes on a range of topics geared to improve your health and expand your horizons. Workshops will start at 10 a.m. and run in one-hour segments until 12 noon picking up again at 1 p.m. and running until 3. They include:
- Drum circle: an exploration of primal rhythms and their effects on individual and group psychological equilibrium. (It's fun, too!).
- Radiant yoga
- Tai Chi
- Self-Protection Workshop
- Youth Exchanges: The Overseas Experience
- Dream Big with a Random House Author: Maria Lamba shares techniques she has used to make her dream of becoming a writer come true. Readings and book signings will be offered.
- Fun Careers for Girls in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. (Girls Make Lip Gloss)
WHO: Some 200 Scouts and Other Young Women and 35 Workshop presenters lead and participate in a day devoted to health, fitness and enhancing your world.
- 9:10 a.m. Ann Meredith, CEO, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania will open the session.
- 9:20 a.m. Pamela Varkony, an international advocate for peace and for the advancement of women will be the keynote speaker. She recently received the Excellence in Journalism Award from the Women's Press Association.
- Closing remarks: Joyce Williams, Manager of Community Outreach and Education at Independence Blue Cross, corporate sponsor of the event. Joyce will talk to the Girl Scouts and others about Building a Better You through Mind, Body, and Spirit.
Note to news, photo and assignment editors. There are great visuals here. In addition, a Girl Scout flag ceremony will kick off the day's events. Visuals include drum circle, tai chi, chicken Chucking (an interactive workshop that builds on the importance of cooperation in our everyday lives), yoga and karaoke.
Senior Communications Director
Girl Scouts of Eastern Pa
215 564 2030 (office)
215 317 4479 (mobile)
215 729 7151 (home)
Related medicine news :1
|SOURCE Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Statement by Alan Lambert, Scout Executive, National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America (NCAC) Concerning Closure of Goshen Scout Reservation August 3, 20082
. Bayer Awards Making Science Make Sense Grant to Girl Scouts3
. The Current Recall of Boy Scouts of Americas Plastic Badges Does Not Affect Embroidered Insignia, Badges & Awards Produced by Lion Brothers Company Inc.4
. IH Systems Enters the Middle Eastern Medical Device Market5
. Northeastern Hospital to Transition to Northeastern Ambulatory Care Center6
. American Nursing Services, Inc. Expanding Eastern Presence, Opening Birmingham Office7
. SCOLR Pharma, Inc. Schedules Fourth Quarter 2008 Financial Results Conference Call for March 11, 2009 at 11:30 A.M. Eastern8
. Misonix Announces New Sales Agency Agreement for Eastern Europe9
. Frost & Sullivan Says, Rising Awareness Boosts High Acuity Areas Monitoring Systems Market in Eastern Europe10
. Company Cookbook Proceeds to Benefit United Way of Northeastern Minnesota 11
. Misonix Schedules Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2009 Financial Results Conference Call; February 9, 2009 at 4:30 P.M. Eastern