Recalled Products Removed and Updated Information Provided to Customers
LANDOVER, Md., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Recently, salmonella contamination has caused many retailers to pull products containing peanut butter and peanut paste from their shelves. The Food & Drug Administration has traced the salmonella to a plant owned by Peanut Corporation of America (PCA).
Giant Food immediately removed all recalled products from our shelves including:
- Keebler Cheese & Peanut Butter Crackers, 11.4 oz., UPC 0 30100 47324
- Keebler Toast & Peanut Butter Crackers, 11.4 0z., UPC 0 30100 47357
- Austin Cheese & Peanut Butter Crackers, 11.4 oz., UPC 0 79783 48801
- Austin Toast & Peanut Butter Crackers, 11.4 oz., UPC 0 79783 48802
- Little Debbie Toasted Peanut Butter Crackers, 7.44 oz., UPC 002430004163
- Little Debbie Peanut Butter Cheese Crackers, 7.44 oz., UPC 002430004115
- Zone Perfect Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, 1.76 oz., UPC 063810220101
- Clif Bar Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Crunch, 2.4 oz., UPC 72225210130
- Clif Bar Crunchy Peanut Butter, 2.4 oz., UPC 72225210120
- Clif Z Bar Peanut Butter, 1.27 oz., UPC 72225219412
- Clif Builder Bar Peanut Butter, 2.4 oz., UPC 72225260141
- Clif Luna Bar Nuts Over Chocolate, 1.69 oz., UPC 72225210310
- Clif Luna Bar Peanut Butter Cookie, 1.69 oz., UPC 72225210061
- Clif Mojo Mountain Mix, 1.59 oz., UPC 72225210561
- Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel,1.59 oz., UPC 72225212629
- Clif Mojo Dipped Chocolate Peanut,1.59 oz., UPC 72225212630
- Clif Mojo Dipped Peanut Butter & Jelly,1.59 oz., UPC 72225212631
- Health Valley Granola Bars - Organic Peanut Crunch, 6.1 oz., 6 pack, UPC 0 35742 15483 4
Consumers should not consume these products and should discard them or may return them for a full refund.
"As a matter of precaution, we have also contacted all suppliers of Giant brand products that contain peanut butter or peanut paste," said Andrea Astrachan, Consumer Advisor at Giant. "We have not had to recall any store brand products and as we have received confirmation from our
suppliers that store brand products are not implicated, we have updated our website with those product categories to ensure our customers are well informed."
Giant Food is committed to the highest standards of food safety and continues to monitor the FDA investigation very closely. For updated information, customers may visit our customer service desks in stores, visit our website at giantfood.com or call our customer service toll free line, 1-888-
469-4426, M-F, 9 am-5pm.
Other resources include national supplier websites and FDA's website, http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/salmonellatyph.html
About Giant Food
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, MD, operates 182 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 21,000 associates. Included within the 182 stores are 163 full-service pharmacies. For more on Giant, visit www.giantfood.com.
Related medicine news :1
|SOURCE Landover, MD -- Giant Food LLC|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Law Firm Freedland Russo Spearheads Record-Setting Whistleblower Case Against Pharmaceutical Giant Eli Lilly -- Firm Expands Offices to Include L.A. Entertainment Branch 2
. Fitness Giant Launches Nationwide Bone Health Initiative for 20093
. Giant Food Alerts Customers to Voluntary Recall of Grandma Taylors Gourmet Dipping Cookies Sold in Giant Stores4
. PSE&G Childrens Specialized Hospital and New York Giants Team Up to Enable Donations to Hospital Through Texting5
. Giant Food Alerts Customers to Recall of PEDIGREE(R) Dry Pet Food Products6
. Insurance Giant Leverages Technology to Enhance Offerings7
. New Giant Pharmacy Program Offers Relief for Your Family and Your Wallet8
. EDYS(R) SLOW CHURNED(R) and Giant Food Markets Announce Scoop Day With Sweet Deals to Support the Fight Against Childhood Cancer9
. Court Denies Tobacco Giants Motions to Dismiss Claims Alleging Explicit Age Discrimination and Retaliation10
. 60 Minutes to Report on Dangers of Trasylol: Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris Involved in Litigation Against Pharmaceutical Giant Bayer AG11
. Giant Food Alerts Customers to Voluntary Recall of Chattem Icy Hot Heat Therapy Products