Some of the highlights that will be presented during the educational and scientific program at Europe's premier medical oncology meeting include:
- Molecular analysis for target discovery: Identification of 'Achilles' heel'
- MicroRNa, SiRNA libraries
- Protein array
- Innovation in breast cancer
- Modulation of resistance to anti-Her2 therapies
- Evaluation of predictive markers on circulating tumor cells
- New targets for triple negative tumors
- Stem cell as a potential target
- Tools in daily clinical practice to improve treatment
- Tailoring therapy in lung cancer
- Medical implications of resistance to EGFR
- Personalized cancer therapies for non-EGFR receptor-dependent tumors
- New pathways in targeted therapy
- Optimal integration of newer agents in the treatment of advanced CRC
- Genomic and pharmacogenetic markers for treatment decision
- Upfront sequential vs. combination chemotherapy
- Renal cell cancer
- VEGF biology and resistance
- Tackling future issues
- Hitting the cell in ovarian and endometrial cancers
- Head and neck cancer
- Viruses: Prevention and therapy
- Innovations in radiation oncology (IMRT and image guided radiotherapy)
- How to integrate EGFR inhibitors and beyond
- Hematological malignancies
- The role of high-dose therapy and allografting stemcell transplantation in the era of '-nibs' and '-mabs'
- Communication skills in advanced cancer care
- The use of communication skills: Lessons derived from microanalytical studies
- Advances in soft tissue sarcoma, GIST and beyond
- GIST the role of adjuvant therapy and mutational analysis in treatment decision-making
- Molecular biology and targeted therapy of sarcomas
- Hyperthermia improves local control of STS where next?
- Emerging therapies for rare tumors
- Neuroendocrine tumors, HCC, thyroid cancer, papillary RCC
- Assessing, reporting and managing the safety of cancer drugs
- Detecting safety signals
- The role of pharmacogenetics in predicting and managing toxicity
- Handling side effects of targeted therapies
- Integration of targeted therapies with radiation
- Where we are with radiation modifiers?
- Unplanned analysis of molecular studies
- Cancer patients
- Should all receive prophylactically antithrombotic therapy?
- Dealing with difficult cases in daily clinical practice
- New developments in myeloma
- Prognostic factors and the role of novel drugs
- The status of transplantation
- From imaging to management
- Recent progress in immunotherapy
- Anti cancer vaccines
- Combining immunotherapy with classical anti-cancer therapy
- Advanced prostate cancer
- The changing face of hormonal therapy
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease in prostate cancer survivors
- Latest on oncology in developing countries
- Cancer burden and the role of prevention
- Balancing costs and benefits in cancer therapy and prevention
- Drug development
- How to recognize a promising drug: The role of clinical and biological endpoints
- The role of regulatory bodies in the drug approval process
The Highlights of the day session: summary sessions of topics from the preceding day aiming to give an overview of the most interesting and important points to emerge from previous sessions.
Late-breaking abstracts: oral sessions to present latest research studies with new research findings
Controversy sessions will create lively discussions on hot topics.
The 7th ESMO Patient Seminar where patients will have the chance to meet oncologists and hear about the conditions of cancer treatment in Europe, comparing conditions in Eastern and Western countries; discuss and confront doctors about the consequences of cancer therapy, learn the approaches to long-term survivorship and the future perspective of cancer treatments
Numerous Educational Sessions to present state-of-the-art oncology.
The fifth batch of ESMO Designated Centers of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care will be announced as centers of excellence for patient care in Europe.
A session on ESMO Clinical Recommendations will update current ESMO Guidelines on clinical practice for various tumor types.
Oncology Highlights of the most important advances in cancer treatment in 2008.
Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden accepted to be the Patron of the 33rd ESMO Congress and will give the welcome address during the Opening Ceremony
The 33rd ESMO Congress will take place at the Stockholm International Fairs in lvsj, (Mssvgen 1, SE-12580 Stockholm-lvsj), located a short train journey from Stockholm Central Station.
Scheduled Press Conferences
Saturday, 13 September 2008, 9:30-10:30, ESMO Press Room
Press Conference #1
Saturday, 13 September 2008, 12:45 13:45, Press Conference Room
Press Conference #2
Sunday, 14 September 2008, 12:30 13:30, Press Conference Room
Press Conference #3
Monday, 15 September 2008, 12:30 13:30, Press Conference Room
The full Press Program will be available in the second half of August after the approval of the late-breaking abstracts.
Services for media representatives
A fully equipped press room will be in operation at the conference with Internet access and telephone lines for registered reporters.
In addition to attending Press Conferences you will also have access to all the scientific sessions and the possibility to schedule one-on-one interviews with top speakers and presenters of the studies, both in presence and remotely. Please contact the ESMO Communication Dept. at email@example.com to already find out about the preliminary timetable or to book a telephone hook up.
The conference full program is available at http://www.esmo.org/activities/esmocongress/stockholm08/program_cng/
To register for the conference as a media representative, please visit http://www.esmo.org/activities/esmocongress/stockholm08/registration_cng/media_cng/ and send the Complimentary Media Registration form to the ESMO Head Office within Friday, 15 August to benefit from pre-registration. On-site registration will also be possible at the registration desks.
Congrex Sweden AB has been appointed by ESMO to manage hotel accommodation in relation to the 33rd ESMO Congress
For hotel reservation, please visit: http://www.esmo.org/activities/esmocongress/stockholm08/accommodation_cng/
Related medicine news :1
. Latest DES Analysis Stresses Importance of Physicians Well-Trained in Implantation Technique and Patient Follow-Up2
. Scientists, physicians present latest findings in personalized cancer treatment and prevention3
. Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, Nonprofit Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Statistical Methods, and Pay-For-Performance Highlighted In the Latest INQUIRY Journal4
. Health psychologists discuss latest research findings5
. AIDS Action Council Praises Release of Latest State of AIDS in Black America Report6
. PA Governor Rendell Announces Latest Nominations and Appointments7
. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Provides Patients with the Latest Information on Myeloma8
. Big Tobaccos Latest Dirty Trick: Deceiving Oregon Voters9
. Actor Joe Pantoliano Discloses Depression; Talks About His Latest Movie and His Sensitive Side10
. The latest about male infertility and testosterone from NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell11
. Cejka Search Experts Present Latest Developments in Physician and Healthcare Employment at Leading Industry Conferences