ATLANTA, July 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Gentiva Health Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: GTIV), a leading provider of comprehensive home health services, announced today that it has purchased the assets of a homecare operation from the Nicholas County Commission on behalf of the Nicholas County Board of Health in West Virginia.
Originally established in 1975 as the Nicholas Webster County Home Health Agency to serve the growing need for homecare in Nicholas County, this Medicare-certified operation today provides services for patients in the counties of Nicholas, Webster and Greenbrier. West Virginia requires a certificate-of-need (CON) by county to participate in the home health program. The purchase extends Gentiva's CON coverage to more than 20 counties throughout the state.
The transaction is being funded from Gentiva's existing cash reserves. The acquisition is not expected to have a material impact on Gentiva's financial position or results of operations in 2009.
About Gentiva Health Services, Inc.
Gentiva Health Services, Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive home health services, delivering innovative, high-quality care to patients across the United States. Gentiva is a single source for skilled nursing; physical, occupational, speech and neurorehabilitation services; hospice services; social work; nutrition; disease management education; help with daily living activities; respiratory therapy and home medical equipment; infusion therapy services; and other therapies and services. For more information, visit Gentiva's web site, http://www.gentiva.com, and its investor relations section at '/>"/>
SOURCE Gentiva Health Services, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Gentiva(R) Health Services Acquires Louisiana Home Health Agency
2. Gentiva(R) Health Services to Present at Jefferies 3rd Annual Healthcare Conference
3. Gentiva(R) Health Services Receives Nasdaq Notification Regarding Independent Director Requirement
4. Gentiva(R) Health Services to Present at Deutsche Bank 34th Annual Health Care Conference
5. Gentiva(R) Health Services Schedules First Quarter Earnings Call and Web Cast for Thursday, April 30, 2009
6. Gentiva(R) Health Services to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
7. Gentiva(R) Health Services Sells Selected Pediatric Home Health Care Branches
8. Gentiva(R) Health Services Schedules Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2008 Earnings Call and Web Cast for Wednesday, February 18, 2009
9. Gentiva(R) Health Services to Present January 13 at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco
10. Gentiva(R) Health Services to Present at November Investment Conferences Hosted by Oppenheimer, Credit Suisse and Stephens
11. Gentiva(R) Health Services Schedules Second Quarter Earnings Call and Web Cast for Thursday, July 31, 2008