The parties will utilize the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center's clinical expertise to assess and validate findings from the ovarian cancer model simulations and will work with strategic partners to make drugs and diagnostics created based on these discoveries available to patients. They are also currently in discussions regarding the application of the REFS(TM) platform in other cancers such as prostate cancer.
"GNS is looking forward to working with the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center's extremely talented cancer researchers to rapidly convert data into actionable computer models of different cancers and clinical insights," said Neyarapally, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development at GNS. "We feel privileged to be working closely with Dr. Runowicz, an established leader in the fight against cancer."
About Gene Network Sciences
Gene Network Sciences (http://www.gnsbiotech.com/) is a leader in biosimulation with its ability to derive molecular mechanisms of drugs and diseases directly from molecular profiling and clinical data. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Ithaca, New York, GNS uses its REFS(TM) technology in pharmaceutical and clinical settings to rapidly turn combinations of genetic, genomic, and clinical measurements into models of disease progression and drug response. These models are then simulated to discover both new targets for drug intervention and genetic markers of drug response that allow patients who will respond to a given drug treatment to be matched to a particular clinical trial. By discovering how and why specific sets of genes and drug candidates impact human biology, GNS technology enables the rapid development of breakthrough drug and diagnostic products.
SOURCE Gene Network Sciences, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Network Merchants, Inc (NMI) Founders Donate $50,000 to Schaumburgs Childrens Home & Aid
2. A Little Bit of Leg Work Goes a Long Way for Travel Advantage Network and Mental Health Charity
3. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network Launch Web Sites to Help General Motors Members Easily Find Information on Their Health Care
4. Tom Lescault, President of SCAN Health Plan Arizona, Appointed to Parkinson Network of Arizona Board of Directors
5. Join Mens Health Network in Celebration of Mens Health Month
6. NGL Expands Global Network to Service Parts Logistics Customers
7. California Public Pension Crisis: The Ticking Time Bomb, a Full Disclosure Network Cable TV Series
8. Optimum Lightpath(SM) and GetWellNetwork(R) Transform Hospital Bedside Care with Launch of Interactive Patient Care Service
9. Advertisement for Forterus Treatment Center, A Better Tomorrow, Featured on A & E Network
10. Forterus Treatment Center, A Better Tomorrow, Featured in Major Network Program
11. Viant Acquires Healthcare Partners of East Texas Provider Network