Nearly 2.5 million eye injuries occur each year in the United States, with almost half occurring around the home. Because nearly 90% of eye injuries are preventable with proper protective eyewear, Defog It antifog is promoting Healthy Vision Month 2010 with home eyewear safety tips.
Valley View, Ohio (Vocus) May 19, 2010 -- Nearly 2.5 million eye injuries occur each year in the United States, with almost half occurring around the home. Because nearly 90% of eye injuries are preventable with proper protective eyewear, Defog It antifog is promoting Healthy Vision Month 2010 with home eyewear safety tips.
“Protective eyewear at home could help prevent as many as a million eye injuries a year,” says Jodi Groh, Director of Marketing for Nanofilm, maker of Defog It antifog towelettes and liquid. “Defog It antifog is offering safety tips during Healthy Vision Month 2010 to remind people of the importance of protective eyewear for doing yard work, home repair and other projects.”
Here are some workplace eyewear safety tips to help prevent eye injuries around the home.
- Protect your eyes like professionals do. If professionals were handling many of the do-it-yourself jobs we take on at home, they’d be wearing protective eyewear. In fact, safety eyewear may be mandated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Consumers should be just as careful with their vision.
- Wear safety eyewear for yard work. Virtually all manufacturers of trimmers, leaf blowers, lawn mowers and other equipment recommend safety glasses. Remember to clear outdoor areas of debris that could become flying particles.
- Home improvement projects can have eye hazards. Construction workers have among the highest rate of workplace eye injuries. Do-it-yourselfers are just as much at risk using power tools and hand tools.
- Wear goggles when mixing paints or varnishes and to protect eyes from fertilizers and pesticides.
- Make sure fogged eyewear isn’t a problem. Working in hot, humid weather, moving between hot and cold environments, or heavy exertion can cause fogged eyewear. The wearer may be endangered by impaired vision or remove the safety glasses to improve visibility. An antifog treatment like Defog It can help keep eyewear fog-free and on the worker’s face.
- Do you need a strap? It will secure the eyewear during work and help keep glasses or goggles close by during downtime.
- Teach teenage helpers about the importance of protective eyewear. Like wearing car safety belts, vision safety is an important life lesson.
- Insist that anyone you hire for work around the home follow your “house rules” on protective eyewear.
Defog It antifog urges all Americans to participate in Healthy Vision Month 2010, which is an outreach program of the National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health. There are a variety of educational and promotional materials available at the Healthy Vision 2010 website
Defog It antifog towelettes and Defog It antifog liquid can provide all-day fog prevention on safety eyewear, eyeglasses, sports goggles and faceshields, and other eyewear. Tested safe for all optics, the formula is used by the military around the world. Defog It antifog products and more information are available at www.defogitworks.com and 1-888-ENDS-FOG.
Nanofilm, founded in 1985, is the maker of Clarity Defog It™ and a global optical leader in lens care and coatings. Millions of people around the world use Nanofilm products, including Clarity Clean It™ and other lens care products, as well as nanotechnology-enabled coatings. More information is available at www.nanofilmproducts.com.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Defog_It_antifog/eye_protection_tips/prweb4022124.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. New Mario Badescu Skin Care Product Combines Moisture, Sun Protection, and Antioxidants 2
. Yelp! Sued Over Alleged Protection Racket 3
. PHD Virtual Technologies Meets the Need for Fully Integrated Data Protection with PHD Virtual Backup for Citrix XenServer 4
. Time to Remind Teens About Sun Protection5
. Flu Vaccine With Both B Strains May Offer Better Protection6
. Sun protection program increases hat use among 4th graders7
. Sun protection program increases hat use among 4th-graders8
. Study finds surgical masks provided effective protection of health-care workers against H1N19
. Study Details Machinery of Immune Protection Against Inflammatory Diseases Like Colitis10
. Stop Ripping Me Off! Is the Title of a New Consumer Protection Book Being Released Today11
. Longtime Smokers May Find Protection From Parkinsons