DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, June 9 /PRNewswire/ --
- 'Everyone Living in Dubai Will Have Access to a Good, Affordable
Health Service That Meets Their Basic Medical Needs'
- DHA responsible for strategy and policy, health regulation,
health funding and public health
- New Government owned public corporation to take over
responsibility for health service delivery
- DHA to create one Government regulatory body responsible for all
health service professionals and services in Dubai
- DHA's new health funding structure unveiled
- Unique system designed for Dubai based on regional and
- Employer contribution will start at between AED500 and AED800 per
person a year
Following twelve months of extensive consultation and public engagement, the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has today unveiled the future direction of the Government's health strategy at a presentation to over 500 people from a range of different stakeholder groups and organisations, including Government departments, diplomatic representatives, healthcare experts and professionals from the public and private sectors, employers, insurers and members of the public.
Building on the vision of His Highness Sheik Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai contained within the Dubai Strategic Plan, health is at the forefront of the Government's agenda to promote the continued and sustainable growth of Dubai on both the regional as well as the international stage.
His Excellency Qadhi Saeed Al Murooshid, the Director General of the
Dubai Health Authority, said: 'A dynamic and well regulated health sector
is important to our future growth and prosperity. A happy and prosperous
society is a healthy and productive one. Health affects us all, whoever we
may be, as we will all be a patient at some point in our lives. What we
hope is that
|SOURCE Dubai Health Authority|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved