LOS ANGELES, Jan. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Los Angeles-based plastic surgeon, Dr. Jay Calvert, posted more information about the IDEAL breast implants on his blog. He discussed the frequently asked questions about this new product and discussed when it would be available to the public for a clinical trial.
Board-certified Dr. Jay Calvert was chosen as one of the investigators of the new IDEAL breast implants. These implants are known to have the same result as that of silicone gel but are much safer. The clinical trial has begun accepting patients who are willing to undergo the procedure and commit to follow up check ups for the next 10 years.
More and more women are turning to cosmetic surgeries such as breast augmentation and rhinoplasty in order to enhance their looks. The increase in the demand for these types of operations have paved the way for new procedures and tools to be developed in order to ensure the safety of the patients. Among these new developments is the IDEAL breast implant.
"This [IDEAL breast implant] is the first improvement in the basic design of the saline-filled breast implant since it was introduced over 30 years ago,'' explained Dr. Calvert when asked about the new product. The IDEAL breast implant is saline-filled and structurally lowered in order to fit better to the chest wall. It was also designed so that it doesn't wrinkle and would feel and look natural.
The clinical trial for this new product is currently ongoing and patients are being selected to undergo the treatment. The trial program specifies that the patient must pay for the breast augmentation; however, if they are able to complete the 10-year clinical trial, then they will be able to receive some financial benefit. Dr. C
SOURCE Dr. Jay Calvert MD - Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Catholic Health Initiatives Makes $10 Million Investment in Calvert Foundations Community Investment Notes
2. HHS Announces $75 Million in Supplemental Funding to States for Pandemic Flu Preparedness
3. CRC Health Group Announces Acquisition of Bayside Marin Recovery Center, San Rafael
4. UHW Announces: Antelope Valley Hospital Caregivers and Board Vote to Ratify First Union Contract With SEIU UHW-West
5. HEI, Inc. Announces Sale of RFID Division Assets
6. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. Announces FDA Approval to Market Generic Version of Zyloprim(R)
7. Mettler-Toledo International Inc. Announces Webcast of Presentation at Thomas Weisel Partners 2007 Healthcare Conference
8. Z Trim Announces Revocation of Gregory Halpern Severence Agreement
9. Brooke Franchise Corporation Announces Selected July Results
10. Manor Care, Inc. Announces Record Date for Special Stockholder Meeting
11. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. Announces FDA Approval to Market Generic Version of Adipex-P(R)