POWAY, Calif., Feb. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Digirad Corporation (Nasdaq: DRAD), a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products, and personnel and equipment leasing services, today announced that it has named veteran financial executive Richard B. Slansky as Chief Financial Officer of the Company, effective March 9, 2009, replacing Interim Chief Financial Officer Todd Clyde, who will continue to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer.
With more than 25 years of experience as a Chief Financial Officer at both public and private companies, Slansky, 51, has served for the past six years as the President and Chief Financial Officer of Poway, Calif.-based SpaceDev, Inc., a publicly traded space technology/aerospace company acquired by privately held Sierra Nevada Corporation in December.
Clyde said, "Richard has the breadth of background and expertise that will make him a key part of the Digirad executive team. His financial background and strong performance record of improving efficiency and supporting organizational growth will be critical as we progress toward consistent profitability and positive cash flow while further penetrating our markets. We look forward to welcoming Richard to the senior management team and to the positive contributions he will bring to the role."
Prior to SpaceDev, Slansky served as Interim Chief Financial Officer for Woodlands, Tex.-based Quick Strike Resources. He has also served as Chief Financial Officer at Path 1 Network Technologies, Inc; Nautronix, Inc.; Alexis Corporation; and Calbiochem-Novabiochem International (aka C-N Biosciences), all located in the greater San Diego, Calif. area.
He received a Master's in Business Administration from the
SOURCE Digirad Corporation
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Digirad Corporation Sells Northern California Service Hubs
2. Digirad Corporation to Release Fourth Quarter and Year-End Financial Results on February 5, 2009
3. Digirad Corporation Comments on Fourth Quarter Progress
4. Digirad Corporation CEO to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco
5. Digirad Corporation Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for nSPEED(R) Reconstruction Software for Improved Image Quality in Less Time With Less Radiation
6. Digirad Corporation Reports Financial Results for 2008 Second Quarter and Six Months
7. Digirad Corporation to Present at CapStone Small-Cap Investor Conference
8. Digirad Corporation to Present at Bank of America 2008 Health Care Conference
9. Digirad Corporation and University of Chicago Medical Center Sign Letter of Agreement
10. Digirad Corporation Reports Financial Results for First-Quarter 2008
11. Digirad Corporation to Release First Quarter Financial Results on April 24, 2008