POWAY, Calif., March 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Digirad Corporation (Nasdaq: DRAD), a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and personnel and equipment leasing services that improve patient care while driving positive healthcare economics, today reported that it has sold the assets related to its Arizona and Nevada service hub locations. The asset purchase agreement with Ohio-based Antigua Medical Services LLC calls for the sale of portable nuclear imaging cameras, vans and related equipment, and the assignment of certain customer contracts of the former Digirad service hub locations in Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson. Antigua Medical Services is committed to providing outstanding customer care and advanced imaging equipment manufactured by Digirad.
Digirad CEO Todd Clyde said, "Our strategy is to focus on a core group of DIS (Digirad Imaging Solutions) locations in order to facilitate improved utilization and profitability and this agreement is another important step in that direction. With this sale, our goal of hub realignment and consolidation is well on its way to completion and we expect to conclude the program in the coming months."
He continued, "Antigua Medical Services was a natural choice as a buyer because of its commitment to customer service with an employee-oriented culture. We look forward to a continued and supportive business relationship with Antigua Medical Services."
Daniel Rice, Managing Member of Antigua Medical Services commented, "We are excited about the opportunity in front of us and believe we can build on the success and quality-of-service reputation Digirad has created at these Arizona and Nevada locations. We plan to continue providing excellent service for the customers that will be served by Antigua Medical Services."
About Digirad Corporation
SOURCE Digirad Corporation
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Digirad Names Richard B. Slansky Chief Financial Officer
2. Digirad Corporation Sells Northern California Service Hubs
3. Digirad Corporation to Release Fourth Quarter and Year-End Financial Results on February 5, 2009
4. Digirad Corporation Comments on Fourth Quarter Progress
5. Digirad Corporation CEO to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco
6. Digirad Corporation Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for nSPEED(R) Reconstruction Software for Improved Image Quality in Less Time With Less Radiation
7. Digirad Corporation Reports Financial Results for 2008 Second Quarter and Six Months
8. Digirad Corporation to Present at CapStone Small-Cap Investor Conference
9. Digirad Corporation to Present at Bank of America 2008 Health Care Conference
10. Digirad Corporation and University of Chicago Medical Center Sign Letter of Agreement
11. Digirad Corporation Reports Financial Results for First-Quarter 2008