FLORHAM PARK, N.J., April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Defined Health has
announced the final agenda and speaker list for its 8th annual Therapeutic
Insight conference. Therapeutic Insight 2008 ("TI2008") will take place on
April 28 - 30, 2008, at The Westin New York at Times Square. The following
industry decision-makers and key opinion leaders will discuss relevant
pharma/biotech issues and current trends in oncology, cardiovascular
disease, neuropsychiatric disorders, antimicrobials, therapeutic vaccines
and orphan diseases:
* Professor Ruth Arnon, The Paul Ehrlich Professor of Immunology,
Weizmann Institute of Science
* Charles Baum, MD, PhD, Vice President, Global R&D, Oncology, Pfizer
* Karen Bernstein, PhD, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, BioCentury
* Thomas P. Blackburn, PhD, DSc, TPBioVentures LLC
* Jeffrey M. Bockman, PhD, Vice President, Defined Health
* Michael R. Bristow, MD, PhD, Founder, Chairman and Chief Science and
Medical Officer, ARCA Discovery
* Leslie J. Browne, PhD, President & CEO, Pharmacopeia Inc.
* Shannon Brownlee, Schwartz Senior Fellow, New American Foundation
* Michael D. Clayman, MD, CEO, Flexion Therapeutics
* Earl M. (Duke) Collier, Jr., JD, Executive Vice President, Genzyme
* Albert R. Collinson, PhD, Chief Business Officer, Rib-X Pharmaceuticals
* Lode Debrabandere, PhD, Vice President & General Manager Inflammatory
* Mark W. Frohlich, MD, Senior VP & Chief Medical Officer, Dendreon
* Matthew Gantz, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Acureon Pharma
* Milton H. Grannatt, PhD, Vice President and Head, Negotiations, New
Growth Opportunities, Global Business Development & Licensing, Novartis
* Russell Hagan, PhD, Senior Vice President, Head of Research &
Development, BTG International
* Roger J. Hajjar, MD, Director, Cardiovascular Research Center, Mt.
Sinai School of Medicine, Arthur & Janet C. Ross Professor of Medicine,
Co-founder Celladon Corporation, Co-founder Nanocor Inc.
* Steven J. Heller, Global Marketing Leader, Oncology New Product
Development and Early Commercial Input, Johnson & Johnson Worldwide
* Professor Jutta Heim, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Basilea
* Claudia Hirawat, SVP Corporate Development, PTC Therapeutics
* Ginger S. Johnson, PhD, Vice President, Defined Health
* Matthew W. Kalnik, PhD, VP, Business Development & Project Management,
* Jeremy Levin, PhD, Senior Vice President, External Science, Technology
and Licensing, Bristol-Myers Squibb
* Christopher Lipinski, PhD, Scientific Advisor, Melior Discovery
* Joseph S. McCracken, DVM, Vice President, Business & Commercial
* David P. Meeker, MD, President, LSD Therapeutics, Genzyme
* Eszter Nagy, MD, PhD, Vice President, Pre-clinical R&D, Intercell
* Steve J. Offord, PhD, Vice President CNS New Products Marketing, Market
Access and Business Development, sanofi-aventis
* Carlos Plata-Salaman, DSc, MD, Head, Global External Research &
Development, Eli Lilly & Co.
* Edward C. Saltzman, President, Defined Health
* Deborah Schrag, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Dana-Farber Cancer
* Mark J. Simon, President, Williver Group LLC
* Greg Wiederrecht, PhD, Vice President & Head, External Scientific
Affairs, Merck & Co.
* Daphne Zohar, Founder & Managing Partner, PureTech Ventures
The final agenda, list of speakers and registration information along with content and attendee statistics from prior Therapeutic Insight conferences is available on the conference website, http://www.therapeuticinsight.com.
Shannon Brownlee, Schwartz Senior Fellow at the New America Foundation, will present a keynote address at TI2008 entitled, "Overtreated: Why Too Much Medicine Is Making Us Sicker and Poorer." Her book of the same title was named the best economics book of 2007 by the New York Times. Ms. Brownlee's speaking fee will be donated to charity.
The 2+ day conference will include two networking events, with additional opportunities for interaction throughout the event. The conference will begin on Tuesday morning, April 29, with a plenary presentation by Ed Saltzman, President of Defined Health, entitled: "Surviving, Sustaining and Succeeding in the Pursuit of Innovation."
Therapeutic Insight 2008 is presented by Defined Health and Communitech
Market Intelligence, with a sponsorship from JNK Securities. To register,
or for more information, please visit http://www.therapeuticinsight.com, or
contact Communitech: (914) 245-7764, http://www.cmius.com, or Defined Health:
(973) 292-5001, http://www.definedhealth.com.
Ginny E. Llobell
973-292-5001 X 235
|SOURCE Defined Health|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved