This press release contains certain forward-looking statements about Effient for the reduction of thrombotic cardiovascular events (including stent thrombosis) in patients with acute coronary syndromes who are managed with percutaneous coronary intervention and reflects Daiichi Sankyo's and Lilly's current beliefs. However, as with any pharmaceutical product, there are substantial risks and uncertainties in the process of development and commercialization. There is no guarantee that future study results and patient experience will be consistent with study findings to date or that the product will be commercially successful. For further discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, see Lilly's filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and Daiichi Sankyo's filings with the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Daiichi Sankyo and Lilly undertake no duty to update forward-looking statements.
(TM)Effient is a trademark of Eli Lilly and Company.
Plavix(R) is a registered trademark of Sanofi-Aventis Corp.
(i) American Heart Association. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics - 2008 Update. Dallas, TX. American Heart Association. (Pg. 14)
(ii) American Heart Association Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics - 2009 Updated. Dallas, TX. American Heart Association. (Pg. 2)
(iii) Effient Prescribing Information
(v) Plavix Prescribing Information
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. Celebrates the Growth of Its U.S. Headquarters
2. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. Establishes Subsidiary in Puerto Rico
3. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. Awarded Prestigious NCQA Certification for National Under Pressure(TM) Hypertension Management Program
4. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. Announces Three Studies of Oral Factor Xa Inhibitor DU-176b Accepted for the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology
5. Ranbaxy to Bring in Daiichi Sankyo as Majority Partner; Strategic Combination Creates Innovator and Generic Pharma Powerhouse
6. Daiichi Sankyo, Lilly Announce New Prasugrel Head-to-Head Phase III Study Against Clopidogrel
7. Daiichi Sankyo Quietly Grows While Other Pharmaceutical Firms Downsize
8. Lilly Celebrates Its 35th Year as a Supporter of the Indiana Black Expo
9. Lilly Sets Date and Conference Call for Second-Quarter 2009 Financial Results Announcement
10. Lilly Receives Fourth FDA Approval for ALIMTA(R) (pemetrexed for injection)
11. Lilly Declares Third-Quarter Dividend