Thousands of physicians, researchers and academics from around the world will gather in New Orleans, LA, from May 1 to 5 for Digestive Disease Week (DDW), the premiere scientific conference in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery.
In advance of the meeting, please join us for a telebriefing that will:
- Provide a preview of the leading research and hot topics to be presented at DDW 2010.
- Allow the media advance, embargoed access to four leading researchers presenting at DDW.
- Create a forum for reporters to ask questions in advance about the conference.
- Review the DDW press briefing schedule.
- Offer information for off-site media about DDW press conference access via telebriefings.
Each day of the conference will feature presentations of breakthrough research on a broad variety of gastrointestinal health issues from problems and treatments around obesity, how diagnoses and prognoses for women and children with GI problems may differ, the impact of colorectal screening on special populations, liver disease and comorbidity, the latest pharmaceutical advances for Crohn's disease and hepatitis C, and the newest technology in GI care.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 2 p.m. ET
- DDW Council Chair: Lawrence S. Friedman, MD, AGAF, Department of Medicine, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA
- David H. Berger, MD, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Waist Circumference Predicts Complications in Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Marcia Cruz-Correa, MD, PhD, AGAF, FASGE, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan
Prevalence of Colorectal Neoplasia in Asymptomatic Hispanics Undergoing Screening Colonoscopy
- Aymin Delgado-Borrego, MD, University of Miami, FL
The Underdiagnosis of Pediatric Hepatitis C: An Emerging Health-care Issue in Florida
- Franck Carbonnel, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Animal Protein Intake and Risk of Inflammatory Bowel Disease: The E3N Prospective Study
To receive conference call information and embargoed copies of the news releases and abstracts, e-mail Amy Levey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Attend DDW:
WHEN: May 1 - 5, 2010
WHERE: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA
TO REGISTER: Go to www.ddw.org/press
Related medicine news :1
. HCA Previews Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2009 Results2
. Lumenis to Showcase Latest Innovations at the 30th Annual American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Meeting (ASLMS) in Phoenix, Arizona3
. Latest Resource From Dynamic Disc Designs Helps Physicians Educate Patients 4
. New Free Webinars Announced to Discuss the Latest Federal Court Overpayment Lawsuit Ruling and New Obama Health Laws for the Skyrocketing $6 Trillion Overpayment Recoupment Market5
. Latest Cancer Clinic Closure in Selma, Alabama6
. Tampa Bay Vein Treatment and Cosmetic Dermatology Practice Using New Laser Technology Some Say is the Latest Breakthrough 7
. Intellimed's Popular Data Reporting Software IM-IC (Intelligent Client) Receives Latest Update8
. New Study Tunes Into Latest Lipo Technique9
. Latest quality and purity specifications for food ingredients help protect consumers10
. Doctors Applaud Latest Furlough Reversal11
. The Future of Cosmetic Dermatology: Leading Dermatologist Dr. David Goldberg Discusses the Latest Facial Rejuvenation Techniques