ARVADA, Colo., March 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Each day we have countless conversations with ourselves, and if we really listen to them, we discover that much of what we say to ourselves is critical, judgmental, and often unforgiving. We seem to expect perfection, and if we don't get it, we tend to make excuses and blame others, or we blame ourselves and add the burden of guilt to our assumed shortcomings.
Carol Messmer's new book, "Conversations with Self: Discovering the Power of Your Inner Voice" (published by iUniverse), provides the support so many people need at this time -- a support that comes from within. Messmer reveals how to foster the mental discipline that we need when fear and doubt are in charge of our thoughts, to release these fears, and then tune in to the beneficial information our minds are trying to deliver.
The examples and scenarios used in "Conversations with Self: Discovering the Power of Your Inner Voice," along with explanations of how to use the tools presented and references to current brain research, combine to create a picture of encouragement, hope, and personal power in facing what many of us consider to be a difficult and challenging time. No matter what the external circumstances may be, we have the inner resources to create lives for ourselves that are fulfilling and secure. Providing numerous and relevant real-life scenarios as examples, Messmer shows us how, without the interference of fear, we can leave behind feelings of helplessness and despair, and instead begin making the choices that have the best chance of meeting our needs today and in the future.
About the Author
Carol Messmer grew up in Minneapolis, Minn., and earned her bachelor's degree from the
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Scientists eavesdrop on the exciting conversations within cells
2. Video: Ear Infections Spark Online Conversations Among Concerned Parents
3. Suzanne Somers Appears on CNBCs Conversations with Michael Eisner and Discusses NeoStems Adult Stem Cell Collection Program
4. Dont Know How Much an X-Ray Costs You? Highmark Network Providers Will Begin Having Conversations With Highmark Members About Their Actual Cost of Care
5. Regence Video Cards Help Start Important Health Conversations With Friends, Family
6. Americans Believe Pettitte had Conversations with Clemens Regarding Both Players Use of HGH
7. Middle School Marks Most Critical Time to Start Ongoing Conversations About Drug and Alcohol Use With Kids
8. Cancer theory stands the test of time -- rediscovering Boveri a century later
9. Sterifide Laboratories to Launch Powered by SDC OneShot Plus Disinfectant and Deodorizer
10. The Renfrew Center Foundation Partners with 2008 Miss America Kirsten Haglund and Her Mom, Iora Haglund, to Empower Parents to Fight Eating Disorders
11. Vinpower Digital Increases Blu-ray Disc Duplication Speed to 8X for Both Their Manual Tower and Autoloader Series Duplicators