SKILLMAN, N.J., Aug. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- ConvaTec, a world-leading provider of innovative medical technologies for community and hospital care, today announced the launch of a new campaign and best practice statement supporting Versiva((R)) XC((R)) gelling foam dressing.
Backed up by extensive in vivo and in vitro data, the new campaign shows how healthcare professionals can "Expect More" with Versiva((R)) XC((R)) dressing. The only cover dressing to contain ConvaTec's proprietary Hydrofiber((R)) Technology, Versiva((R)) XC((R)) dressing transforms wounds through its unique gelling action. This action enables dressings containing Hydrofiber((R)) Technology to lock in exudate(1)(a) and its harmful components(2)(a)( )and contour closely to the wound bed,(3)(a) in response to changing wound conditions.
"Because Versiva((R)) XC((R)) is powered by Hydrofiber((R) )Technology, patients and healthcare professionals can expect more healing with this transformational dressing," said Michael Steadman, President of ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics. "Versiva((R)) XC((R)) dressing not only provides cover and comfort, it also creates an optimal moist wound environment that kick starts healing."(4)
Outlining proposed minimum standards for wound care, the Best Practice Statement: Optimizing the use of Versiva((R)) XC((R)) gelling foam dressing was developed by a panel of wound care experts in collaboration with Wounds UK, with financial support from ConvaTec. Selected excerpts will be distributed as a supplement in the August 2009 issues of Ostomy Wound Management and Today's Wound Clinic, and the document also can be downloaded at '/>"/>
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. ConvaTec Launches Hydrofiber(R) Technology Web Site
2. ConvaTec Launches New Programs to Support and Recognize WOC Nursing
3. Prospective Evaluation Finds High Levels of Satisfaction with ConvaTec Moldable Skin Barrier
4. ConvaTec Launches New AQUACEL(R) Ag Dressing with Strengthening Fiber
5. ConvaTec and HemCon Announce Co-Promotion Agreement
6. ConvaTec Names Paul Moraviec President, Continence and Critical Care Business Unit and ConvaTec EMEA Region
7. ConvaTec Announces Divestiture of Unomedical Wound Care and Ophthalmics Business
8. ConvaTec Announces Expanded Indications for AQUACEL(R) and AQUACEL(R) Ag Dressings in Management of Surgical Wounds
9. ConvaTec Launches New Lifestyle Magazine for People With an Ostomy
10. ConvaTec Names Presidents of Wound Therapeutics and Ostomy Care Business Units
11. ConvaTec Launches SUR-FIT Natura(R) Low-Pressure Adaptor