ConvaTec is a leading developer and marketer of innovative medical technologies that have helped improve the lives of millions of people worldwide. With four key business divisions -- Ostomy Care, Wound Therapeutics, Continence and Critical Care and Infusion Devices -- ConvaTec products support health care professionals from the hospital to the community health setting. From its headquarters in Skillman, New Jersey, the company oversees more than 8,000 employees in over 90 countries serving consumers and their health care professionals on six continents. For more information, please visit www.convatec.com.
1. Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M, Parsons D. Controlling wound bioburden with a novel silver-containing Hydrofiber dressing. Wound Repair Regen. 2004;12(3): 288-294.
2. Surgical Site Infections. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/dpac_ssi_data.html. Accessed November 17, 2008.
3. Gupta, SK, Lee S, Moseley LG. Postoperative wound blistering: is there a link with dressing usage? J Wound Care. 2002;11(7):271-273.
4. Vanscheidt W, Lazareth I, Routkovsky-Norval C. Safety evaluation of a new ionic silver dressing in the management of chronic ulcers. WOUNDS. 2003;15(11):371-378.
5. Klevens RM, Morrison M, Nadle J. Invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in the United States. JAMA. 2007;298(15):1763-1771.
AQUACEL, DuoDERM, Hydrofiber and Versiva are registered trademarks of ConvaTec Inc.
XC is a trademark
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved