Event to be held at Anytime Fitness in Auburn on Sunday, May 30, 2010 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
(PRWEB) May 28, 2010 -- Timed to tip off National Physical Fitness & Sports Month in May, the MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR is travelling across the country to more than 30 key markets through the joint efforts of participating cable affiliates. Comcast Spotlight in Seattle has partnered with Anytime Fitness to bring the tour to Auburn on Sunday, May 30.
“Since the event is centered around encouraging physical fitness and healthy eating habits for kids and families, we thought Anytime Fitness would be a perfect fit as a local sponsor and their Auburn club the best location for the tour’s Seattle visit,” said Karen Nordstrom, Account Executive at Comcast Spotlight in Seattle.
The MOVE IT MOVEMENT will feature multiple activity and learning stations, including:
- Skate Park Challenge, sponsored by 3M Nexcare Products, where BMX and skateboard experts will perform high-flying demonstrations followed by interactive safety and riding tips sessions, as well as get free samples of 3M Nexcare Ben 10 Alien Force and Bakugan bandages;
- Soccer Shootout Challenge, where kids can take aim and test their shooting skills with a custom soccer goal;
- The NBA/WNBA FIT Activity Zone allows youth to demonstrate their fitness level through basketball and fitness games;
- NFL PLAY 60 and HOPSports Challenge will introduce kids to various physical activities and exercises via the screen-based HOPSports system featuring custom NFL Play60 content, martial arts, stuntman drills and more;
- The Karate Kid is sponsoring a martial arts challenge to test focus, balance and strength abilities with workout sessions led by local dojos;
- Crayola Outdoor Challenge where kids can use Crayola's Spira-Chalk Blaster, 3-D Sidewalk Chalk and new Glow Explosion products to create outdoor fun with sidewalk games, original art masterpieces;
- FDA Spot the Block, a station with an interactive dice game and information to educate youth and families about the nutritional block on food packaging;
- CNN Fit Nation Kiosk, which offers a custom health and wellness quiz and iReport feature for youth and adults to test their knowledge and provide personal stories of how they stay healthy and fit; and
- Cartoon Network Chill Zone, a themed area to rehydrate and recharge while taking in the best new programming, online activities and premium items from the channel.
Joining the Turner network as co-sponsors of the inaugural 2010 tour are 3M Nexcare Products, Crayola, the FDA and Columbia Pictures upcoming remake of The Karate Kid theatrical.
Two of the Seattle Seahawks’ Sea Gals are also scheduled to be in attendance on Sunday. Anytime Fitness is located at 602 Auburn Way South. The event is free and open to the public.
Contact: Karen Nordstrom
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/05/prweb4064714.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Hard to Treat Diseases (HTDS) Comments on Recent Movement Of Its Security2
. Movie Turns Into a Growing Movement to Reach Hurting Teens.3
. PET Scans May Help Diagnose Movement Disorders 4
. Be Well Book Launches National Movement to Help Moms Instill Healthy Habits and End Childhood Obesity5
. Visual Cues that Improve Walking for People with Movement Disorders - Study Shows Small Change in Arrangement Can Make a Big Difference in Improvement Gained6
. MOVE IT! Join the Movement to End Multiple Sclerosis During MS Awareness Week March 8-14, 2010
. New Social Media Site Launches Movement To Inspire The World! eStoryShare.com 8
. Pro-Life Movement Vows to Replace Members From Pro-life Districts Who Voted for the Most Pro-Abortion Bill Ever Passed by Congress9
. Scientists Find Cause of Involuntary Mirror Movements10
. Anesthetic approach stops pain without affecting motor function11
. Anesthetic Approach Stops Pain Without Affecting Motor Function