VIAject(TM) produced significantly superior glycemic control,
reduced the risk of hypoglycemia, and reduced glycemic excursions
compared to Humalog(R).
* Expanded the Company's two ongoing pivotal Phase III clinical trials
of VIAject(TM) into Europe and Asia.
* The United States Patent and Trademark Office issued Patent No.
7,279,457 encompassing VIAject(TM) and VIAtab(TM).
* Completed the Company's initial public offering of 5,750,000 shares of
its common stock at a price to the public of $15.00 per share. Net
proceeds from the offering, after underwriting discounts, commissions
and expenses, totaled approximately $78.8 million (net).
Calendar Year 2008 Corporate Goals
The company provided details regarding critical 2008 calendar year
* Complete enrollment of the two pivotal Phase III clinical trials of
VIAject(TM) for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients.
* Complete the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics trials of the suite
of six VIAject(TM) products.
* Announce data from the two completed pivotal Phase III clinical trials
of VIAject(TM). (The Company will not present any additional interim
data prior to the completion of both Phase III trials.)
* File a New Drug Application for VIAject(TM).
* Finalize commercialization strategy for VIAject(TM).
Conference Call and Webcast Information
Biodel's senior management will host a conference call on December 11,
2007 beginning at 4:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, to discuss these
financial results and provide a company update. Live audio of the
conference call will be available to investors, members of the news media
and the general public by dialing 1-877-718-5104 (United States) or
1-719-325-4779 (international). To access the call by live audio webcas
|SOURCE Biodel Inc.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved