ORANGE COUNTY, Calif., May 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE: BEC), a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of products that simplify, automate, and innovate complex biomedical testing, today announced that the Federal Trade Commission has terminated its review under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvement Act of 1976, as amended, of the company's pending acquisition of Olympus Corporation's lab-based diagnostics business.
As previously announced on February 27, 2009, Beckman Coulter and Olympus announced that they had entered into a definitive agreement under which Beckman Coulter will acquire the diagnostic systems portion of Olympus' Life Sciences business for approximately USD $780 million.
This transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2009 and is subject to certain government approvals outside the United States, the negotiation of certain ancillary agreements, the delivery of and agreement to disclosure schedules and transition arrangements as well as other customary conditions.
About Beckman Coulter
Beckman Coulter, Inc., based in Fullerton, California, develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical tests. More than 200,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in laboratories around the world, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Recurring revenue, consisting of consumable supplies, (including reagent test kits), service and operating-type lease payments, represent about 78% of the company's 2008 revenue of $3.1 billion. For more information, visit
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Beckman Coulter Announces Licensing Option Agreements for Cancer Genes with Johns Hopkins University
2. Beckman Coulter Signs Agreements With Amerinet, Inc.; Ten-Year Partnership Extended for Another Three Years
3. Beckman Coulter to Present at the Credit Suisse Global Healthcare Conference
4. Beckman Coulter to Acquire Flow Cytometry Instrumentation Business From Dako
5. Beckman Coulter to Present at the 2007 RBC Capital Markets Healthcare Conference
6. Beckman Coulters 4th Quarter and Full Year 2007 Revenue Grows 10.8% and 9.2%, Respectively; 2007 Earnings Per Share Beat Outlook
7. Beckman Coulter Announces First Quarter 2008 Earnings to be Released on Wednesday, April 30, 2008, Before Market Opens
8. Beckman Coulter to Present at the Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Unplugged Conference
9. Beckman Coulter Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results
10. Beckman Coulter to Present at Upcoming Healthcare Conferences
11. Beckman Coulter Announces First in Series of Flow Cytometry Product Introductions for 2009