MONTVALE, N.J., Nov. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: BRL) today announced that its shareholders overwhelmingly approved the proposals submitted to them relating to the acquisition of Barr by Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. (Nasdaq: TEVA).
"Today's vote demonstrated the overwhelming support of the transaction by the Barr shareholders," said Bruce L. Downey, Barr's Chairman and CEO. "We are pleased with the progress that we continue to make towards completion of the acquisition of Barr by Teva, and we and Teva continue to anticipate completing this transaction prior to the end of the year and combining our two strong organizations."
About Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical company that operates in more than 30 countries worldwide and is engaged in the development, manufacture and marketing of generic and proprietary pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. A holding company, Barr operates through its principal subsidiaries: Barr Laboratories, Inc., Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and PLIVA d.d. and its subsidiaries. The Barr Group of companies markets more than 120 generic and 27 proprietary products in the U.S. and approximately 1,025 products globally outside of the U.S. For more information, visit www.barrlabs.com.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" which represent the current expectations and beliefs of management of Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the "Company") concerning the proposed merger of the Company (the "merge
SOURCE Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Arrow International Urges Shareholders To Vote for Approval of the $45.50 Teleflex Inc. Merger and for the Current Board of Directors
2. Zimmer Holdings Offer and ORTHOsoft Directors Circular Mailed to Shareholders
3. Glass Lewis Recommends Arrow Shareholders Vote on the White Proxy Card for Merger With Teleflex and for Current Board of Directors at Arrow Annual Meeting
4. United Medicorp, Inc.s Shareholders Approve All Proposals
5. Arrow International Sends Letter Reminding Shareholders to Vote White Proxy Card in Support of Teleflex Merger and Election of Current Board of Directors
6. Proxy Governance Joins ISS, Glass Lewis and Egan Jones in Recommending Arrow International Shareholders Vote to Approve the $45.50 Per Share Merger With Teleflex
7. Arrow International, Inc. Invites You to Join Its 2007 Annual Meeting of Shareholders on the Web
8. Flextronics Shareholders and Solectron Stockholders Approve Acquisition
9. Healthcare Technologies to Reschedule the Shareholders Meeting to Approve the NexGen Biofuels Transaction
10. Lafley Tells Shareholders That P&G is Designed to Grow
11. Manor Care Shareholders Vote to Approve $6.3 Billion Carlyle Buyout