Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 01, 2014
Narrow networks that vary in size and approach offer health plans and employers effective options to trim pharmacy costs and improve outcomes. Proponents of narrow networks argue that they can enhance formulary compliance and achieve savings through lower dispensing and administrative fees. Consultants report that nearly all PBMs now include a narrow network option when responding to requests for proposals. The Aug. 12 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), “Health Plan/Employer Strategies for Implementing Narrow Pharmacy Networks,” will provide strategies and considerations around adopting narrow pharmacy networks.
Brian Anderson, M.B.A., a pharmacy benefits consultant at Milliman; Andy Becker, M.B.A., a director of network solutions at Express Scripts Holding Co.; and Anne Freese Pharm.D., a pharmacy director at Gold Coast Health Plan will present for 60 minutes and follow with 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. Participants will get reliable answers to these and other key questions:
- What network designs are being deployed in the marketplace today? How can plans choose an option that meets member needs most effectively while mitigating disruption?
- How narrow should pharmacy networks be to deliver meaningful savings to plan sponsors and employers?
- What critical success factors and pitfalls should payers and employers be aware of when designing narrow networks?
- How should narrow network opportunities be analyzed for cost and access?
- What is the role of mail order and specialty in a narrow network?
- How are limited networks applied in state Medicaid programs? What barriers to adoption of narrow networks do Medicaid MCOs face?
- What led the nation’s largest PBM to restructure its own network offerings and what lessons have plan sponsor clients adopting one of those networks learned?
- What steps did Medi-Cal provider Gold Coast Health Plan take to successfully implement a narrow network in California? What financial and clinical results has it experienced thus far?
- How has the growth of limited networks altered PBM-pharmacy contracting in recent years? Where is this likely to be heading?
- Despite increasing CMS scrutiny of preferred networks and pushback from community pharmacies, how far will Medicare Part D plan sponsors go in narrowing networks to offer competitively priced products?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4p30_081214 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12063148.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2014 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Dr. Yaron Moshel of Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists (ANS) Discusses Brain Tumor Surgery2
. Vita Classic Premium Sliced Smoked Atlantic Salmon Recalled: AttorneyOne Monitor and Keep Consumers Informed3
. Milliman, FAIR Health Executives to Discuss Data-Based Rate Setting for Out-of-Network Providers in Atlantic Information Services Webinar4
. Atlantic Neurosurgical Specialists (ANS) Offers Tips On Practicing Sports Safety During Winter Team Sports5
. Eliassen Group Promotes Kris Kurcoba to Director of Its Mid-Atlantic Region6
. Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists (ANS) Eradicates Common Misconceptions About Neurosurgery7
. The Atlantic Philanthropies Award $5.8 Million to Medical Education Cooperation with Cuba (MEDICC)8
. Sewage Backup Prevention Tips Offered to Mid-Atlantic Residents9
. CO-OPs Have Generally Higher Premiums, Atlantic Information Services Analysis Finds; Could Pose Challenge in Attracting Members10
. Brand-New Guide to Health Insurance Exchange Implementation Now Available from Atlantic Information Services11
. Mount Sinai and the Atlantic Host Working Summit on Big Data in New York City