Atlanta-based Coverdell this week launched Reassurance Health -- a new suite of affordable healthcare discounts programs that will allow consumers nationwide to save up to 60 percent on out-of-pocket healthcare costs. Reassurance Health offers seven individual and family programs -- with discounts on services such as over-the-counter medicines, hospital care, and flat-rate reimbursement for doctor visits.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 10, 2009 -- With the massive layoffs of the past week, unemployment has risen to levels not seen for decades, making quality healthcare either too expensive or simply unavailable for millions. Atlanta-based Coverdell this week launched Reassurance Health (http://www.reassurancehealth.com/) -- a new suite of affordable healthcare discounts programs that will allow consumers nationwide to save up to 60 percent on out-of-pocket healthcare costs. Reassurance Health offers seven individual and family programs -- with discounts on services such as over-the-counter medicines, hospital care, and flat-rate reimbursement for doctor visits.
Coverdell is a leading provider and innovator in non-insurance health benefit programs, with programs currently serving more than six million members nationwide.
"Reassurance Health is a low-cost alternative that offers partial reimbursement for doctor visits, hospital visits, and accident and emergency medical care," said Vincent DiBenedetto, CEO, Coverdell. "The Reassurance Health programs are not health insurance, but are a great way for anyone to save money on every aspect of their healthcare. The Reassurance Health healthcare discount programs are easy to use, cover a multitude of products and services, and provide flexibility. With a 30-day money back guarantee, there is nothing to lose."
The new Reassurance Health programs offer two categories of plans:
1. Basic Savings Plans - Members' discounts are available in a simple, three-step process:
- Members enroll in a program (with a 30-day money back guarantee) and receive a health discount card with access to provider networks.
- The members choose providers within the network and purchase products or services.
- They present their membership cards and pay discounted rates ranging from five to 60 percent off at the time of service on prescriptions, dental care, vision care, and more, which can lower their out-of-pocket healthcare expenses immediately. No forms or other steps are required.2. Savings Plus - Offers additional cost-reduction options.
- Offers on-the-spot discounts plus what are known as "scheduled indemnity" benefits.
- Depending on the plan selected, these options will pay a flat dollar amount listed for each benefit regardless of any other health insurance payments made to the doctor/hospital or to the customer.
- For example, under the Savings Plus Ultimate Plan, a member is covered for $50 per doctor visit. If the member visits the doctor and is charged $40, the reimbursement is still paid at $50. Best of all, these benefits are paid directly to the member and may be used in any way the member wants.
New Programs Supplement Health Insurance
These health discount
programs are not health insurance. Instead, they are membership plans that can supplement health insurance savings. The Reassurance Health programs are also suited for people without health insurance who need options for managing their healthcare costs.
"We've designed these plans to help the greatest number of people possible. Anyone who wants to save money on their healthcare can join Reassurance Health: people with or without health insurance; people who have been laid off; single or married; young or old," said DiBenedetto.
Because Reassurance Health is not insurance, there are no physical examinations or personal restrictions other than a 12-month waiting period on pre-existing conditions. These plans are not available in Florida, Kentucky, Connecticut, New Jersey, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Vermont and Washington.
By the Numbers (Note to reporters/editors: Additional background is available at www.ReassuranceHealth.com/press)
- Forty-seven million people in the U.S. lack health insurance, including eight million children under the age of 18.
- 83 percent of the uninsured are in working families
- The average American family spent more than $3,200 a year on health-related expenses not covered by their insurance, according to the U.S. Department of Labor's 2005 Consumer Expenditures survey.
- 11 million non-elderly Americans (ages 18-64) with chronic physical illnesses (such as heart disease, diabetes, and asthma) are not getting the medical care they need due to lack of health insurance coverage.
- 62.1 percent of Americans without health insurance live in households with a full-time worker; 21.3 percent with a part-time worker
- Nationally, 41 percent of uninsured adults report being unable to see a doctor when needed due to costs involved, compared to nine percent of adults who have healthcare coverage.
- An estimated 14 percent of all non-elderly adults were underinsured in 2007. These adults have some form of insurance, typically with high deductibles, and still spend more than 10 percent of their annual income on medical costs.
More information about the various discount plans and online enrollment is available at www.ReassuranceHealth.com
. Additional information is also available by calling 866-440-0528.
Coverdell is a full-service marketing services company with offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Montreal. It is a renowned provider of loyalty and fee-income products, with established partnerships with major financial institutions, corporations, and insurance companies across North America. Coverdell provides non-insured health benefits to more than six million individuals across the US.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/medical-discount/health-care-discount/prweb2207954.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. South Florida Dermatologists Win Over Golf Fans With Sun Safety Outreach at LPGA Playoffs2
. Healthcare Workers Rally to Address Concerns About Layoffs and Quality Patient Care3
. Brits Love Affair with Holiday Cosmetic Surgery Creates Increase in UK Corrective Surgery4
. ASPS Applauds Introduction of Legislation to Increase Access to Reconstructive Surgery for Children5
. Cantel Medical Reports 75% Increase in Net Income - EPS of $0.23 vs. $0.13 for Quarter Ended January 31, 20096
. Florida Emergency Room Costs Increased 25 Percent in the Last Year and May Lead to More Opportunity for Pharma Industry7
. Donate Life Day at the Capitol to Increase Awareness for Organ Donation and Registration8
. Roche Increases Offer Price for Genentech Shares to US$ 93.00 per Share and Extends Offer9
. Brain tumor treatment may increase number of cancer stem-like cells10
. Consumers Beware: Unlicensed Care of Animals May Cause Health Problems and Increased Costs11
. Penile extender increased flaccid length by almost a third says independent clinical study