London (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
Large Opportunities in Expanding Treatment Options and New Technologies
This research service considers products and companies in the neurovascular intervention market in the United States. This market expects to witness many technology advancements in the next decade. A thorough analysis of revenue forecasts, unit forecasts, technological advances, and pricing are provided for the market’s various segments, including: neurovascular coils, liquid embolics, and stent retrievers markets. Market engineering measurements, drivers, and restraints are covered along with an analysis of the market’s highly competitive landscape. The base year is 2012 and the forecast period extends through 2017.
Total revenue generated by sales of neurovascular intervention market in the US in 2012 was approximately $X million.
- Revenue in the US neurovascular intervention market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X percent from 2012 to 2017, reaching $X million in 2017.
- Currently, the largest market segment is the neurovascular coils market, while the smallest is the liquid embolics market.
- The segment with the highest CAGR is the stent retriever market, since the first stent retriever in the US was launched in early 2012. More stent retrievers are expected to enter the US market in the coming years.
- The high growth rate in the stent retriever market is likely to offset the trends in the relatively stable coils and liquid embolics markets, leading to the growth of the overall neurovascular intervention market.
- There is great uncertainty surrounding the future of the neurovascular coils segment because of emerging flow-diversion devices’ potential to become both a complement and a substitute to coils for aneurysm treatment.
- The US liquid embolics segment is essentially a monopoly as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has placed the only product available under very restricted use for fewer than X patients in the US.
- Ischemic stroke patients had been previously underserved with only one treatment option; thus, companies are now eager to develop and introduce stent retrievers to the US market with a large patient base and high growth potential.
- The overall US neurovascular intervention market is very concentrated with only a few large manufacturers because of high barriers to entry, most notably the X(k) clearance required from the US FDA.
1. Rising ischemic stroke prevalence represents a largely unpenetrated market for solution providers.
2. Shorter recovery time for products like liquid embolics is an attractive option for hospitals looking to cut costs.
3. Growth through mergers and acquisitions is a growing trend to acquire niche technologies.
4. Published data on new clinical trials will motivate physicians and surgeons to use new methods of treatment.
5. Flow diversion devices are a looming threat to the coils market, due to their benefits in wide-neck aneurysms.
- This market research covers products on the market, products in development, and units, price, and revenue forecasts. Market challenges, including drivers and restraints, are identified and assessed.
- Units used in the study include:
- Number of units: This indicates the number of individual units used in surgery.
- Prices are represented in US dollars. The price is represented as the average selling price (ASP) based on the prices of various units listed by respective manufacturers.
- Revenue is represented in US dollars. Revenue is a product of the number of units and ASP in a year.
- ‘N’ for market share represents the revenue for a given market segment.
- Annual revenue for public companies was derived from annual reports. Revenue for private companies was based on primary interviews.
- Aneurysm: A bulge in a blood vessel that causes weakening of the vessel wall, which is susceptible to aneurysm rupture leading to a hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding within the brain).
- Embolization: Placement of a foreign object, such as a neurovascular coil, into the aneurysm to fill in the bulge by inducing blood clot formation to reduce blood flow into the aneurysms and lower the chance of an aneurysm rupture.
- Acute ischemic stroke (AIS): A stroke that happens when blood flow to the brain is insufficient due to a blockage, for example, by a thrombus (blood clot).
- Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA): An FDA-approved agent to dissolve the thrombus causing an AIS; must be administered within 3 hours of symptom onset.
- Primary stroke center (PSC): A facility, usually within a hospital, which specializes in providing stroke-related services, such as diagnosis, treatment, and emergency treatment procedures.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Is the neuro interventional market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the primary drivers of market expansion and growth opportunities in large and small segments of the market?
- Which segments are expanding the most, and which are declining?
- What type of regulations are affecting the market?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
- How is the competition in the market? Are some companies poised for more growth than others?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Neurovascular Intervention Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Neurovascular Coils Segment Breakdown
5. Liquid Embolics Segment Breakdown
6. Stent Retrievers Segment Breakdown
7. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the US Neurovascular Intervention Market
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11130880.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. UC Davis study applies timely cost-effectiveness analysis to state breast cancer screening program2
. Global Diaper Market – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2011 - 2017: Transparency Market Research3
. Global Spectrometry Market (Atomic, Molecular and Mass Spectrometry) – Scenario, Trends, Industry Analysis, Size, Share & Forecast 2011 – 20174
. Global Enteral Feeding Devices Market – Industry Size, Market Share, Trends Analysis, and Forecasts, 2012 – 20185
. Global Telemedicine and M-Health Convergence Market 2019 Forecast and Analysis in New Research Report at ReportsnReports.com6
. China Orthopedic Instrument Market 2013 Analysis & 2015 Forecasts in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com7
. Chinese Contract Research Organization Market (CRO) 2013 Analysis in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com8
. PCMA: New Analysis Shows Alabama Can Reduce Medicaid Pharmacy Waste by $513 Million9
. Overweight and Obesity Market Analysis & Epidemiology Forecasts to 2022 in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com10
. Cardiovascular Devices Market (Monitoring & Diagnostic) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2011 - 201611
. Wound Dressings Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, and Forecast, 2012 – 2018