Alsius achieved a number of key milestones last year and during the
first quarter of this year, including the following:
-- Corporate Achievements
- Closed the merger with Ithaka Acquisition Corp., in June 2007, which
provided Alsius with capital to support increased sales and
marketing and product development efforts.
- Successfully completed an early warrant exercise program in January
2008, which simplified the company's capital structure by reducing
the number of outstanding warrants.
-- Sales and Marketing Momentum
- Enhanced its sales and marketing infrastructure, including hiring a
new director of U.S. sales, a corporate accounts manager, a sales
manager for the Asia/Pacific region, a national service manager and
a marketing manager to oversee the warming market.
- Catheter utilization rates, or the number of catheters used per
machine per month, exceeded expectations for 2007.
- Average sale price of Alsius systems remained on target and stable.
- Received important endorsements from major hospital group purchasing
organizations representing nearly 3,000 acute care hospitals,
including an exclusive three-year sales, marketing and customer
service contract from Amerinet, and a three-year contract from
Mid-Atlantic Group Network of Shared Services (MAGNET).
- Initiated process to obtain regulatory approval in additional
international markets, including Japan.
|SOURCE Alsius Corporation|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved