NEW YORK, SEATLLE, GAINESVILLE, Fla. and SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In order to increase the quality of care for Parkinson's patients, the National Parkinson Foundation is offering this training program for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, social workers and music therapists to teach the latest methods of Parkinson diagnosis and treatment, not only for the patient, but also their caregivers and family. This includes training practitioners to work as interdisciplinary teams in the development and coordination of treatment strategies. Please visit www.parkinson.org/attp or call Denise Beran at 800-327-4545.
Who: The National Parkinson Foundation What: Allied Team Training for Parkinson Conference (Continuing education for health professionals) in the professions of: Physician Physical Therapy Physician Assistant Occupational Therapy Nurse or Nurse Practitioner Speech-Lang. Pathology Social Work Music Therapy Where: New York City, NY: March 18-22, 2009 Seattle, WA: June 24-28, 2009 Gainesville, FL: September 30-October 4, 2009 Sunnyvale, CA: November 11-15, 2009
CMEs and CEUs included for qualified professionals.
Registration: Advance registration is required. Lunch is included. On-site registration is not available. Registration fee $350 per person or $300 per person if 3 or more are from the same main facility. Program includes up to 27.5 (physicians / NP's) or 33 continuing education credits (allied health professionals) for qualified individuals. Students are free. All applicants must be licensed, working professionals or fully matriculated students in one of the above listed professions.
Sessions:"Changing the way Parkinson's care is delivered"
- Motor symptoms of Parkinson disease
- Medical and Surgical Therapy
- Non-motor Symptoms
- Health Literacy
- Understanding Interdisciplinary Care Teams
- Models of Interdisciplinary Care
- Early Stage PD - Case Video and Discussion
- Interdisciplinary Team Teaching
- Music Therapy on the Interdisciplinary PD Team
- Team Learning Leadership and Values
- Panel of persons with Parkinson disease
- Middle Stage PD - Case Video and Care Planning
- Middle Stage PD - Interdisciplinary Team Care
- Falls Prevention
- Team Mechanics and Tools
- Panel of Parkinson Caregivers
- Team Troubleshooting and Implementing New Skills
- Advanced Stage PD - Interdisciplinary Team Care
- End-of-Life Care for Patients with Parkinson disease
- End-of-Life Issues in Parkinson disease
- Building Cultural competency
- Linking Knowledge Back to the Workplace
|SOURCE National Parkinson Foundation|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved