Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) August 19, 2013
Acute myeloid (myelogenous, myelocytic) leukemia is a rapidly progressing blood cancer with a poor overall prognosis. AML is relatively rare, and predominantly affects older adults. AML is a heterogeneous disease, and many subtypes have been identified. The current standard of care consists of cytarabine-based chemotherapy, which can often achieve remission. However, the majority of patients relapse, and survival rates are grim. There are clear unmet needs for treatments that can prolong the overall survival of these patients, but drug manufacturers have struggled to gain regulatory approval for new therapies.
This report focuses on the remaining opportunity in AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia - http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/267301-opportunityanalyzer-acute-myeloid-leukemia-aml-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2017.html) exclusive of the acute promyleocytic leukemia (APL) subtype.
- Overview of AML, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Top-line AML therapeutics market revenue from 2012–2017. Annual cost of therapy, and peak pipeline drug sales of drugs launching during this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the AML therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AML therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- The report forecasts the AML therapeutics market in the 6MM to grow from $151.0m in 2012 to $430.7m in 2017, at a CAGR of 23.3%. The main driver of growth in the global AML market will be the uptake of premium-priced pipeline agents.
- Despite high levels of unmet need, uptake of new drugs will be limited, as KOLs are relatively unimpressed by these agents. Therefore, ample market opportunity will remain at the end of the forecast period.
- To circumvent historical difficulties with regulatory approval, companies are designing early- and late-stage clinical trials more rigorously. Randomization of early-stage trials is critical, and the designation of overall survival (OS) as the primary endpoint of pivotal studies is mandatory.
- Key R&D trends include developing therapies for the patients with greatest unmet need, particularly the elderly, developing combination therapies, and investigating new targets (i.e. FLT3) involved in the pathogenesis of AML.
- Despite the hype around FLT3 inhibitors, KOLs are unconvinced that these drugs will be successful as monotherapies in AML.
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=267301 . Alternatively can get DISCOUNT @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=267301 .
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AML therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AML therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Questions Answered
- Which AML patients have the greatest unmet needs?
- What are the R&D strategies drug makers are pursuing in the AML space?
- Why has it been so difficult for Pharma to develop successful therapies for AML?
- How are players aiming to circumvent difficulties that have historically plagued AML drug development?
- What are the most promising pipeline agents for AML? How do their clinical and commercial attributes compare to one another?
- What opportunities will remain following the launch of these pipeline agents?
- Do KOLs see a role for targeted therapies and immunotherapy’s in the treatment of AML?
Explore more reports on Pharmaceuticals Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/pharmaceuticals/ .
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/acute-myeloid-leukemia/market-aml-2017-forecast/prweb11038556.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Long-term neuropsychological impairment is common in acute lung injury survivors2
. Predictors identified for rehospitalization among post-acute stroke patients3
. Original research papers on acute cardiovascular care: ESC launches EHJ-ACVC4
. A microRNA prognostic marker identified in acute leukemia5
. 4 acute mushroom poisonings in 2 weeks6
. Scientists identify possible drug target for acute pancreatitis7
. Inhibitors of shuttle molecule show promise in acute leukemia8
. Is acetazolamide effective and safe for preventing acute mountain sickness?9
. A new target in acute myeloid leukemia10
. Implementing a therapeutic hypothermia program for post-cardiac arrest in acute care hospitals11
. MDC researchers develop new approach to treat acute liver failure