Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 24, 2013
This week, the American Telemedicine Association is hosting a special Federal Telemedicine Policy Summit to review rapidly developing national telehealth policies and explore new opportunities for providers utilizing remote healthcare technologies. The Summit takes place June 27-28, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
“Our goal is to clarify the many opportunities that exist for the expansion of telemedicine and mHealth within existing federal policy, as well as new openings that will come about as part of ongoing national health reform,” said Jonathan Linkous, Chief Executive Officer of the American Telemedicine Association. “At the same time, by showcasing a broad consensus of support for telemedicine, we hope to push Congress and the Administration for increased adoption of these vital health services.”
The ATA Federal Telemedicine Policy Summit is an opportunity to hear and interact with leaders from Congress, key federal agencies and influential policy thinkers about the latest developments affecting telemedicine. The Summit includes participation of major telehealth stakeholders, including healthcare providers, business interests, medical societies, consumer groups and more.
Confirmed speakers include:
Michael J. Amery, Esq., Legislative Counsel, American Academy of Neurology
- Edward M. Brown, MD, President, ATA; Chief Executive Officer, Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Gary Capistrant, Senior Director, Public Policy, American Telemedicine Association
- Jot Carpenter, Vice President, Government Affairs, CTIA - The Wireless Association
- Amy Comstock Rick, JD, Chief Executive Officer, Parkinson's Action Network
- Adam Darkins, MD, MPHM, FRCS, Chief Consultant for Telehealth Services, Veterans Health Administration
- Maggie Elehwany, Government Affairs and Policy Vice President, National Rural Health Association
- Congressman Gregg Harper, Mississippi, 3rd District, U.S. House of Representatives
- Trent Harkrader, Associate Bureau Chief, Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
- Jonathan Linkous, Chief Executive Officer, American Telemedicine Association
- Jeffrey A. Mitchell, Counsel, Lukas, Nace, Gutierrez & Sachs, LLP
- Stephanie Mohl, Government Relations Manager, American Heart Association / American Stroke Association
- Gavin W. O’Brien, Project Manager, National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE), National Institutes of Standards and Technology
- Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Nick Schilligo, Director, State Government Affairs, American Osteopathic Association
- Jeffrey Shuren, MD, JD, Director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Congressman Glenn 'GT' Thompson, Pennsylvania, 5th District, U.S. House of Representatives
- Congressman Mike Thompson, California, 5th District, U.S. House of Representatives
- Mary Wakefield, PhD, RN, Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
All interested parties are encouraged to attend the ATA Federal Policy Summit. Complimentary press passes are available. For complete program and registration information please visit http://www.americantelemed.org/summit.
The American Telemedicine Association is the leading international resource and advocate promoting the use of advanced remote medical technologies. ATA and its diverse membership work to fully integrate telemedicine into healthcare systems to improve quality, equity and affordability of healthcare throughout the world. Established in 1993, ATA is headquartered in Washington, DC. For more information, please visit http://www.americantelemed.org.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10865553.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Artisan Business Group hosts EB-5 Conference in California2
. Artisan Hosts US China India Investment Event August 23-24, 20123
. Brian Su Hosts EB-5 Training Camp in California July 19, 20124
. Northwestern Medicine hosts the National Marfan Foundations Annual Conference5
. Umeå University hosts new World Health Organization Collaborating Centre6
. Bridle Brook Assisted Living in Champaign County Hosts Walking Club7
. Eagle Hill-Southport School Hosts i CAN! Program to Empower Children with Learning Disabilities, In Association with Smart Kids with Learning Disabilities8
. Avenidas Village Hosts Second Annual Financial Conference9
. Bay Area Colon Cancer Support Organization Strides for Life Colon Cancer Foundation Hosts Anniversary Dinner10
. American Association for Cancer Research hosts AACR Annual Meeting 201311
. Vein Healthcare Center in South Portland, Maine Hosts Varicose Vein Seminar