Jacquelyn T. Coleman (CT), David A. Cook (GA), Louis J. Goodman (TX), Palmer P. Jones (NH), David L. Tarver (LA) Honored
CHICAGO, Nov. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Medical Association (AMA) today presented five medical society executive leaders with achievement awards to honor their contributions to the goals and ideals of the medical profession. The awards were presented at the AMA's semi-annual policy making meeting in Houston.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20081209/AMALOGO )
"The AMA is pleased to recognize these medical society executives for their contributions to the medical profession and their advocacy on behalf of physicians," said AMA Board Chair Rebecca J. Patchin, M.D.
- Jacquelyn T. Coleman, CAE, has served as the executive director of subspecialty medical associations for over thirty years. She has been the executive director of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law (AAPL) for 16 years and the executive director of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society for 20 years. She has worked in these organizations to foster growth in medical education, publications and advocacy.
- Louis J. Goodman, PhD, has served the Texas Medical Association (TMA) as its executive vice president for 11 years. Under his leadership, the TMA has become the largest state medical association and was named "America's Best Medical Society" by Medical Economics magazine.
- Palmer P. Jones has served the New Hampshire Medical Society (NHMS) as its executive vice president for 24 years. During that time, he has helped to foster a supportive environment of advocacy and growth at the NHMS. New Hampshire Physicians are recognized and respected in the legislative environment because of his leadership.
- David L. Tarver has served the Louisiana State Medical Society (LSMS) as its executive vice president for 27 years. Under his leadership, the LSMS was able to advocate effectively on behalf of Louisiana physicians, earning the respect and ear of the state legislature.
- David A. Cook has served as executive director of the Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) for eight years. Under his leadership, MAG has employed an integrated legal advocacy program to affect change in the managed care arena. Cook was instrumental in passing comprehensive tort reform law in Georgia in 2005, which continues to improve the practice environment for physicians in the state.
Coleman, Goodman, Jones and Tarver were presented with 2009 Medical Executive Lifetime Achievement Awards, and Cook received the 2009 Medical Executive Meritorious Achievement Award.
Follow AMA on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AmerMedicalAssn
About the American Medical Association
The American Medical Association helps doctors help patients by uniting physicians nationwide to work on the most important professional and public health issues. Working together, the AMA's quarter of a million physician and medical student members are playing an active role in shaping the future of medicine. For more information on the AMA, please visit www.ama-assn.org.
SOURCE American Medical Association
Related medicine news :1
|SOURCE American Medical Association|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Honors Health and Education Services, Inc. with its Third Health Care Excellence Award at Annual Quality Forum 2
. SAMHSA Honors The Soloist, Greys Anatomy, United States Of Tara, and Mental Health Consumer Leaders at The Star-Studded 2009 Voice Awards3
. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association Honors Illinois Governor Pat Quinn for Legislative Efforts to Increase Survivability of Sudden Cardiac Arrest4
. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association Honors FDNYs Department of Emergency Services for Efforts to Address Sudden Cardiac Arrest5
. Columbus Cancer Foundation Honors Legendary Explorer6
. ADA Honors State and Local Dental Societies for Their Outreach Programs7
. Human Proteome Organization honors PNNL scientist8
. VA Honors Eye Researchers With Olin Teague Award9
. Atlanta Falcons Chauncey Davis Honors 2009 Community Impact Awardees10
. California family honors father with second AGA Foundation Research Scholar Award11
. Purple Communications Dream Bigger Initiative Honors Deaf Floridian and National Champion Motocross Rider as Trailblazer